GoKunming Forums

Modern Toilet restaurant

Lucyy (5 posts) • 0

I just read on the shanghaiist that the modern toilet restaurant just opened in Kunming:

Toilet seats instead of chairs, urinals on the wall, and turd-like ice cream — this is not some skanky sex club in Berlin but a bathroom-themed restaurant which has recently opened up in Kunming, Yunnan province. The eatery is the latest addition to a chain of restaurants called Modern Toilet that started out in Taiwan and in recent years expanded to Hong Kong and mainland China. Other mainland cities that are home to a Modern Toilet restaurant include Shenzhen, Jinjiang, Foshan, Xiamen and Chongqing. There isn't any news of a Modern Toilet opening here in Shanghai yet, but they're definitely looking for a franchisee in case any of you thinks this sort of toilet humour will work here.

I went to this restaurant in Hong Kong, the food is not great great, but it's a fun experience and makes for excellent photo opportunities.

Anyone know where in Kunming it is? I'd quit like to check it out :)

bucko (695 posts) • 0

Want to start a pool to guess when the first Kunmingren will actually take a dump in one of the toilets?
I give it 1 week.

seven.sides (10 posts) • 0

Had a look at that link. It looks like icecream to me. Someone should do this properly. No chairs, no tables. Just a room full of urinals and squat toilets that's never cleaned....an artist working in the kitchen producing perfect replicas of every type of poo from food. Curly ones, big long ones, two tone ones, splatter ones. There should also be someone going around with the generic cloth spreading the bacteria evenly over all surfaces so you can be sure to re-live your dining experience soon after arriving home.

Related forum threads

Login to post