GoKunming Forums

flea market and cheap handicraft

suisiya (7 posts) • 0

Hi,

Is there an interesting flea market in Kunming ? Where ?

I'm use to buy some handicrafts in the handicrafts builiding located in the flowers and birds market. But now there are more and more pearls shops with clothes. Does anyone know an another place for cheap handicrafts ?

And the last one, does anyone know a cheap shop for tableclothes
Thanks

Suisiya

chine-ethnic.pagesperso-orange.fr/

bingbing (10 posts) • 0

take the number 10 bus outbound . it goes down Yi AR Yi lu, .. through a roundabout, up out of the roundabout, then turns right . It crosses the skinky river, get off in like 2 stops, there is a large flea market on the right . The street maybe called Bai Yun lu . If you cross Bejing Lu u went about 2 blocks too far . lots of great stuff there, but not much for handicrafts. Sorry im not in town, otherwise id remember those street names . Its not far,, u could walk from foriegner street in 20 mins.

bingbing (10 posts) • 0

ok i google mapped it . # 10 bus down yi er yi, it turns onto Longquan, takes a right onto Bai yun lu (carreefour there,, ) cross stinky river,, then its on the left . u will see alot of bikes and transport guys outside the entrance .

Tonyaod (824 posts) • 0

Ummmm....Ummm.....bingbing, are you referring to the second hand market that got torn down about a year and a half ago? When was the last time you were there.

As to Suisiya, what's your definition of "cheap", cheap by local standards or western standards? Most flea markets have become specialized, as in they've become pet markets, jewelery markets, and second hand markets. They are plenty around just depending on exactly what you are looking for.

suisiya (7 posts) • 0

prefer cheap by local standards

I thought there was flea market like in Paris where you can find every things. Second hand market where ???

Thanks

zhubajie (57 posts) • 0

Try Fu De Lu Kou 福达路口. Buses 129、109、127、110、90 go there, from Yi-er-yi street. Get off the bus at Fu De Lu Kou, look right across the street, and it should be labelled 福德旧货市场. I'll admit it's been a while since I was last there, but go take a look. If it's gone, ask people where it's gone to and then tell us.

SSeminari (16 posts) • 0

Speaking of disappearing markets -

I live in Think UK, and there's this fantastic food market in this huge brick warehouse-type building right on the train tracks. It has one entrance on jian she lu and the other on kun rui lu. The other day I decided to stop in and pick up some vegetables and meat, and noticed that it was gone! I had been there a few days before, where it was bustling with people, and then literally a day or two later, it was nothing more than a pile of brick rubble and twisted metal. They're building fancy new apartment buildings all around it, and decided that they wanted to gentrify the neighbourhood and the market was an eye-sore, and had to go.

I get it that new high-rises is where the money's at, but where are people going to buy food if these markets are all torn down?

Related forum threads

Login to post