GoKunming Forums

Where can i buy windows 7

lawlz0mg (201 posts) • 0

Where can i buy a copy of windows 7, i dont care if its legit or not.
Just long as it installs correctly, and can update. and does anyone know the price?
Thanks in advance!

tiger1986 (43 posts) • 0

Did you often go out of your home?!!
Windows 7 is avaible in hundreds of shop in Kunming especially illegal versions. Go to 一二一 street and I sure you will find somthing

lawlz0mg (201 posts) • 0

I've lived here for a very short amount of time. Anyone know the price range?

McAron (4 posts) • 0

There are two retailers for MS in Kunming
1- 0871-5382935
2- 0871-3606038
Official price per MS beijing is WIN7-Pro 3508CNY, and WIN7-Ultimate for 3640CNY, (third week of October 2010).

you should call local store for a discount.
your best option however is probably buying online to a friend's place in the states to send you the product key, average price in the states is at 50% that of China.

timkunming (87 posts) • 0

I can't believe prices for Windows 7 are that expensive in China. Who's in charge of Microsoft China, and what are they smoking? No wonder everyone pirates their OS.

Even Mac OS is cheaper than that - now that's really saying something.

zhubajie (57 posts) • 0

Go to the shopping street on the north side of Yunnan U — the one with the Yuantong cinema. The video shop at the far end used to sell software. I bought my copy of English Windows XP there a couple years ago.

timkunming (87 posts) • 0

Ubuntu is nice, it's too bad linux always lacks in the hardware support area.

That being said, it's definitely the most "approachable" distribution of linux around and relatively painless. It makes me slam my head in the wall when I think about using Red Hat in the 90s and dealing with terminal inputs.

Related forum threads

Login to post