GoKunming Forums

Doesn't pay to be a bonehead in China!

bucko (695 posts) • 0

I refer you all to the Classified section under Announcements and read this pathetic boneheads situation.( Blaquesmyth)

I feel horrible for this poor guy. That being said I hope you "other boneheads" in here take this to heart. You want to fight cause "You are in the right" or whatever, this will happen to you.

Besides making foreigners look like idiots, you guys who get pissed and then think your all all that, you can expect the same treatment in China. I would suggest if you can't maintain some sense of logic.... STOP DRINKING!

You've been warned!

He should consider himself lucky he need not spend 6 months in the hospital before his jail time starts.

Tonyaod (824 posts) • 0

Ah, don't get so worked up over it Bucko and no need to drudge up the past. Besides, I doubt things really happened the way he described it, I looked at it more as a scam, had myself a good chuckle and then hit the X button on the top right corner of the screen. At any rate, this guy is in Shanghai, why on earth he would ask for help from "peeps" in KM is beyond me. I think this guy is more of a looser than a bonehead.

bucko (695 posts) • 0

I actually thought it seemed a scam as well. However, I thought it a good opportunity to revisit the seriousness of an expat's behavior and responsibility while being a visitor here.

I have seen really bad behavior by expats around KM in the past. It is embarrassing and sheds a bad light on expats from these few idiot people. That was really my general purpose for my response.

Tonyaod (824 posts) • 0

I agree with you on that point Bucko. Some of behaviors I've seen just makes me cringe. Whether it's out of ignorance or arrogance, it doesn't matter, it does reflect poorly on the whole community.

That said, don't let it bother you too much. There will always be boneheaded people, especially the fresh off the boaters who comes through like a swarm of locusts leaving a swath of destruction behind before going back home leaving us with the resulting mess. What can you do? Hopefully there are enough good ambassadors here in KM to counter their effects.

Cheers~

read46 (3 posts) • 0

I've been in China for approaching 7 years, not in Kunming but in Xinjiang with very few expats. The company I worked for, unfortunately, attracted a minority of characters who exhibited the type of behaviour that, as 'bucko' quite rightly says, shed a bad light on the rest of us.
Soon I will be heading south to Kunming, having had enough of the climate extremes up here, and I look forward to meeting some of you guys in the future.
I hope I can contribute, as a decent ambassador, to counter the effects of those who leave a trail of destruction.

Greginchina (239 posts) • 0

irrespective of whether this is a scam, a word of warning is advisable about the method the guy suggested for sending him money.

Don't ever send money by Western Union. It can be picked up anywhere in the world by anyone using the beneficiary name and password. You may think you're sending to someone in Shanghai but you have no way of knowing if that's really the case. Bank transfers are always much safer.

bucko (695 posts) • 0

Welcome to Kunming read46. All in all, Kunming is a great city to live in.

Greginchina is correct. This guy may well be a Nigerian, "I want to send you $7 mil" dude opening a new scam.

Blaquesmyth (10 posts) • 0

Wow!!! This is the 1st time I've seen these posts. Thank GOD my freedom didn't depend on douchbags like you. For your information bucko,

1st, I hadn't been drinking that night, I had been PERFORMING in the club there, and I was attacked by bouncers from the club. While trying to defend myself from nmore than 4 men I threw a bottle and hit someone other than the intended target(my only wrong act).

2nd, This was not a scam and thank GOD it's in the past and my friends from Kunming where I LIVE helped me out. If you can't tell by the screenname Blaquesmyth as in M.D.A. The Blaquesmyth as in Sam with the Dredlocks. This shit really happened. Thanks to a great lawyer and friends I'm a free man.

3rd, everyone here is assuming that I the expat was drunk or in the wrong. I know that these were posts from 2 years ago, but I never seen these or I would have addressed them then. I hope to GOD that none of you have to go throught what I went through.

Related forum threads

Login to post