GoKunming Forums

Shipping from Kunming to the US

scottco1986 (20 posts) • 0

Hi, I'm wondering if anyone has any insight as to what is the cheapest way to ship packages from Kunming to the US? I'm moving back to the States, and I have too much stuff to bring on the plane. I don't so much care how quickly it gets to its destination (up to several months would be ok), but I'm more concerned about the price.

Any suggestions?

scottco1986 (20 posts) • +1

I went to the post office and did some research, so I thought I'd share the info here in case anyone else is looking:

Through the postal service, there seem to be 3 options to ship to the US:

*Surface (the cheapest), which costs Y83.5 for up to 1kg plus Y20/additional kg, with a max weight of 30kg. [I was told this option takes about 3 months to reach its destination]

*SAL (Surface Air-Lifted), which costs Y104.6 for up to 1kg plus Y41.1/additional kg, with a max weight of 30kg. [I was told this option takes about 1-1.5 months to reach its destionation]

*Air, which costs Y158.5 for up to 1kg plus Y95/additional kg, with a max weight of 30kg.

scottco1986 (20 posts) • 0

I forgot to ask, does anybody have any experience shipping packages to the US, who might know what the restricted contents are by China or US customs?

The woman at the post office said there could be no liquids, but I'm wondering about things like pirated DVDs, coffee beans, etc.

Related forum threads

Login to post