GoKunming Forums

The New Uprock - Your Input

piers (144 posts) • 0

Uprock will be moving to a new spot in Kundu about 400 metres from the old location.

We will be keeping the best parts about Uprock; good music, cheap drinks, relaxed atmosphere and shifting it all to a slightly bigger place albeit with no roof terrace.

Currently the new place is under construction but if you have any suggestions about what to add, keep or discard from the old Uprock, please tell us.

We're planning to expand the range of beers available and on re-opening will boast one of Kunming's best selection of imported beers. If you have a favourite beer that you'd like us to stock, please tell us which one.

We expect to be open in mid June with a couple of big parties.

Watch this space!

piers (144 posts) • 0

I'm amazed that the GoKunming community hasn't, so far, jumped at the opportunity to bitch and moan about the old Uprock.

C'mon people. Give us your feedback on what the new place should be like. We're all ears.....

kohsamui (1 post) • 0

Hi Piers,
Please write me to barqs@hotmail.com

I used to be a club promoter in Rome, Italy.
I'd love to have a chat with you in regards to some promotion opportunities at the new uprock to really spice things up.

cheers,
L

KuiXing (16 posts) • 0

Well, if the alcohol is all real that would be nice. And I would like to get my change back from that lady from time to time. A little bit of class not a little bit of ass.

piers (144 posts) • 0

@kohsamui - I'll send you a mail later this week.

@KuiXing - I can assure you that the alcohol will be 100% real. As I'm sure you know, China is plagued by fake alcohol - I intend to make sure that none gets into Uprock. Our selection of beers will be mostly imports and we'll be very careful with our spirits suppliers.

The new bar will be run be new staff and there are new owners (myself included) who intend to bring up the level of service to a much higher level. At the new place, if you don't get your change, think the booze is fake or have any other issue with the bar, feel free to come shout at me!

flengs (109 posts) • 0

I remember the old Uprock had this really nice wooden dance floor. I never made it back there, but if the new place is equipped with something like this, I definitely will. (considering the music is agreeable)

urban (2 posts) • 0

The old one was my favourite place. Great parties... The only thing you really need in KMG is a good dancefloor! :)

I will be here in KMG till 26th June I hope I will see the new Uprock!

piers (144 posts) • 0

@flengs We didn't plan to have a wooden dancefloor but I'll see if my other partners are willing to change that.

Uprock will definitely be open before 26th June. At present, if nothing goes horribly wrong, the opening parties are scheduled for the weekend of 11th (World Cup weekend). Will update that as soon as something is fixed.

Related forum threads

Login to post