GoKunming Forums

health/healing study in Kunming!?

sowilkus (3 posts) • 0

so I'm planning a trip to Kunming for approximately a year beginning the summer of 2011. I'm looking to study yoga (train for a teaching certification), train for a massage license (either Thai, or traditional Chinese), study Ayurveda and/or traditional Chinese medicine, or possibly nutrition. If anyone knows any schools or teachers in the area of Kunming, I would really appreciate names/contacts. Also, keep in mind that my Chinese is minimal at best, and I'm looking for resources that may be available in English. Any and all info is welcome and appreciated! Thanks everyone!! :-D

Danmairen (510 posts) • 0

My girlfriend is currently looking for a place to take the advanced teaching instructor course in yoga here. I don't know much about it but I can give you the prices we found. The beginners course is about two weeks (usually 9-10 hours a day) and it costs around 2000 kuai. The advanced course takes 1.5-2 months and the price is around 6000. Higher levels are hard if not impossible to find in Kunming so you would probably have to go to one of the tier 1 cities for that afterwards.

Chinese massage is an excellent choice of you enjoy beating the crap out of people and can find some clients who are into masochism.

jessica060728 (1 post) • 0

Well, we have a traditional chinese medical clinic with great reputation over 20 years. We have a legal professional doctor who can teach you either chinese medical or acupuncture. I have been biligual teaching for more than 5 years. i can help you both in medical and language.
Please write to jessica060728@126.com for futher dicussion.

Related forum threads

Login to post