GoKunming Forums

Come and Enjoy Free Food!

Keats School (1 post) • 0

Keats School presents you:

Free Buffet Lunch at the best buffet restaurant in Kunming (Foreigners Only).
11:00am to 1:00pm Saturday, 27th March

Please come before 11:30am to enjoy plenty of FOOD.

---------------------------

Keats School has SMALL CLASSES now. Come to the buffet and get a 15% discount for future classes. More information: www.keatsschool.org

Register Online Now: www.keatsschool.org/event.html

1. What will be served at the lunch?

The best buffet restaurant in Kunming, more than 60 western and Chinese dishes, chicken, pork, beef, fish, vegetables, salads, desserts etc.

2. Where is Diana Buffet Restaurant?

On Dong Feng Xi Lu, opposite to the Yunnan Art Theater. You can take Bus No. 5, 10, 26, 52, 66, 82, 84, 98, 124 and get off at Yunnan Art Theater (艺术剧院yì sù jù yuàn). You can also take a taxi to Yunnan Art Theater

Address in Chinese: 东风西路艺术剧院对面 澳洲戴安娜红酒坊

Once you get off the bus or the taxi, you will be directed to the restaurant by Keats staff, who will be holding a big sign with Keats School.

grater (2 posts) • 0

like another member mentioned, Can anyone explain the expenses breakdown of colleges who offer Chinese-language courses to foreigners in Kunming (roughly 3,500 to 5,500 RMB per student per semester depending on the quality)? I'd be interested to find out roughly what percentage goes to teachers, what percentage to the college, and what percentage to the local government.

look at their price, even less !!! i dont want to imagine how they pay their teachers, must be terrible

justanna111 (5 posts) • 0

its indeed the best buffet restaurant in KM. but seriously? you think a free lunch would help you get talented english teachers.....I doubt about it

Tonyaod (824 posts) • 0

I think most people has the wrong impression. Keats, (from what I've gathered from their website) offers CHINESE coursed to NON-CHINESE SPEAKERS, i.e., foreigners that comes to China to learn Chinese.

My guess is that they are looking for students and not teachers. I would imagine during the course of the meal, they would highlight the benefits of their school. Whether they will employ high-pressure sales tactics is unclear.

As far as the quality of their teachers, I would venture out to guess that since they are teaching Chinese, most likely they hire students from the local Universities, or possible graduates. I believe a struggling student would be very happy to receive 20-30 yuan per hour, maybe even less. Even at this low wage, you, as a foreigner student learning Chinese, would still be getting a native speaker with good (most likely) Chinese pronunciation.

A final thought, I find the irony in that people are suspicious about the quality of the teachers and yet most would turn around and offer their services as an English with no training or experience whatsoever and expect to fetch top dollar simply because they are native English speakers. As an English teacher at the local college, I hear many complaints about the work ethics, attitudes, etc of many foreign teachers...just a thought.

And no, I'm not affiliated with Keats in anyway whatsoever.

Robin2008 (2 posts) • 0

I definitely won't go. Obviously it's such an ad and a show. I'm so tired of your keats ads ... PLEASE DO NOT flood this forum with such boring and duplicated information.

Related forum threads

Login to post

This thread is locked.