GoKunming Forums

Pesach in kunming

vagabond48 (75 posts) • 0

I staying in KM for a while with my Chinese GF and we would also love to join someone's Seder. Please email me with any news.

Thanks
Maurice

mayan (4 posts) • 0

Hey guys!

so, now we know for sure that Habad house are coming to hold the Seder here in Kunming. its going to take place on Monday, April 18th.

the Seder is free of charge. if you want, you can bring drinks (as long as its before the holiday) or, you can help Habad by donating money.
please let us know if you are coming, and if you want to help, so we can prepare accordingly.

send e-mail to: maayan.lahav1@gmail.com
or call: 18787055833 (Maayan) or 18788552944 (Shai)
thanks!

see you at Pesah!
:)

vagabond48 (75 posts) • 0

Sounds great.

Is a Chabad Rabbi coming to Kunming?
If Chabad is hosting this Seder, will I be able to bring my Chinese GF ?
How can I help with the seder preparations ?

Maurice

Avi-Baram (2 posts) • 0

תודה לכולם, שמחתי לראות שיש סדר ויבורכו אנשי חבד באשר הם שם.
מעיין, או שי, אני אקים קשר אתכם כמה ימים לפני,

תודה וחג שמח לכולם
אבי

shaike (1 post) • 0

hi everbody
it's shai i want to say that everyone is invited to the seder
we just need know how is caming

please send me mail shaike82@walla.co.il or call 18788552944

as soon as you can
feel free to ask any qustion you have
shai

mayan (4 posts) • 0

hei!
so, the address is:

166 Hongshan Dong Lu, Kunming
昆明虹山东路166

googlemaps:
maps.google.com.hk/maps?hl=en&tab=wl

and its on this coming Monday, 4.18.2011 at 18:30

if you have time and want to help before, that would be great, just tell me so we can know to arrange.
i dont think you need to bring anything, the seder is free of charge, based on HABAD's donations.

if you want, you can donate to CHABAD HOUSE, before/after the holiday.
**as Shai said, please tell us if you are coming and if you want to help (and when)
can also contact me: maayan.lahav1@gmail.com

cell: 18787055833

see you there!
Maayan

mayan (4 posts) • 0

on Sunday morning we are starting the preparations for the Sader at Shai and Hadas's house, its right next to where the Seder is going to be.
whoever wants to help- please come! you can contact Shai Or me.
Shabat Shalom!
Maayan :)

Sam W (11 posts) • 0

Happy Belated Pesach ! I went to my first seder this year, I hope things went well in Kunming on the day. I am coming to Kunming in a few days to study Mandarin, and would be interested in knowing more about the Jewish community in Kunming. Can anyone tell me if there is solid evidence of a pre-modern Jewish Chinese community ? (Kaifeng, etc) Also if there are any Jewish resources in Kunming I'd be glad to hear of them, so I could toss details to my friends at London's Reform Rabbinical College (Leo Baeck). While I'm goyim, I have had a go at Biblical Hebrew in the past, and have recently finished the whole of the Tanakh (in English). Cheers, Sam

Related forum threads

Login to post