GoKunming Forums

Tiger Leaping Gorge in Rainy Season

Yelp1719 (16 posts) • 0

Thinking about heading out to Tiger Leaping in about a week... How much more dangerous is the gorge trek during August?

mvpspencer (3 posts) • 0

just a little slippery,especailly when u go downhill,the 28bends r cool while steep as well.There likely for u to encounter some sudden rain in Aug,aslo u should be carfull about the dew in the morning.Have a nice trip there!

birdabroad (40 posts) • 0

Does anyone have any more specific info on hiking TLG at this time of year? I'm thinking of going this weekend (haven't hiked it before), but I'm not clear on whether or not this is actually dangerous at this time of year, or if it's even worth it if the weather is cloudy/rainy.

I called Sean (of the eponymous guesthouse) and he said it was fine, the trail is in good shape, etc - but it's not like he's an objective source. :)

Anyone hiked TLG in the rainy season recently?

Ouyang (243 posts) • 0

We hiked it in the rainy season, but we didn't hike during the heavy rain. There were a few places I would be hesitant to cross in a heavy rain, but this was a few years ago though. There were areas that the "waterfalls" went over the trail that were a little narrow then, don't know about now though. I wouldn't say it was dangerous, but if you're afraid of heights it would make you pause.

Related forum threads

Login to post