GoKunming Forums

Looking for fellow nerds..

DagInge (15 posts) • 0

4th ed is quite something else.. I'd really recommend 3.5. Everytime they make a new edition, they really make a new game.. 4th ed is adjusted to interest World Of Warcraft nerds. Call me old school, but I really vote for 3.5.

Anyone with a good internet connection that could download them in PDF format? I had the books in PDF on my computer back home a while ago, works fine but take some MB to download..

lummerlaoshi (130 posts) • 0

Keep me in the loop as far as progress of the gaming group goes. I may have a hectic september coming up so I may only be able to join from October on.

timkunming (87 posts) • 0

I'm in the same boat, unfortunately. I'm definitely up for some gaming but this month and next are really hectic and I'll be in and out of town.

Once I'm able and have the time to set up a game I'll put something in this thread and we'll see where it goes, either Axis & Allies, Risk, or something like that.

Neverwinter (26 posts) • 0

Okay then...

Should we start from something basic and move gradually upwards? DND is sure fascinating but doesn't seem very newbie-friendly. @_@

Keep me posted on any upcoming gaming please. You may either email me or send text to 136 2969 1171.

DagInge (15 posts) • 0

Not so, DnD is more newbie-friendly than it may seem. Yes, there is a bunch of game mechanics to keep track of, but whether the game is No0b-friendly or not depends on if the experienced players have a no0b-friendly attitude. If they do, being no0b is no problem.

Ok, so october it seems to be? Well, just have to wait, then:o)

JingWei (30 posts) • 0

Hi guys,

This is Daniel from the game Cafe. We will have Axis&Allies soon, Possibly before the end of the week. We will also have very soon a game called Talisman. It is a cross between role playing and board game on a heroic fantasy theme. Check-it out on the web it is pretty cool i think.

Hey Daniel,

You don't happen to have any of the D&D books available at your cafe?

To DagInge and others,

I've actually started forming ideas for a campaign, so I could possibly start DMing once we get the books. I'll need a short tutorial in the differences between 2nd edition and 3.5 though. Just a note that I'll be a bit rusty since I haven't been a DM for almost 15 years (but a player throughout)!

Any new gamers to the area: drop us a line here and let's form a gaming group!

To DagInge, JosephH, Neverwinter, trice, timkunming, and anbende:

I am up for starting a campaign after the National Holiday break. I can be the DM at the start of things and maybe we can switch off after awhile.

I've downloaded electronic versions of Dungeons and Dragons 4th edition (pdf files) and can send them to you via e-mail. Feel free to send me your e-mail address at steven_lum at hotmail dot com. 4th edition was the only one available online so we'll start with that and adapt to whatever rules DagInge (3.5 edition) and anbende (3rd edition) aren't familiar with. I'm catching up from 2nd edition.

Alternatively, DagInge, anbende, and I can give you a crash course in how to play for those who are new to Dungeons and Dragons and don't want to read the books to get started.

Anyone have the gaming dice or know where to buy them? Hopefully see you guys in October...

Neverwinter (26 posts) • 0

Hi,

I was wrong... I still have the digital copies of 3.5 Player's Handbook, Dungeon Master's Guide and Monster Manual V on the hardisc; while only the Monster Manual V was poorly scanned.

Now I have already printed out the Handbook and the Guide on paper... We've got to do this sometime!

Related forum threads

Login to post