GoKunming Forums

Limbaugh

Tonyaod (824 posts) • 0

Hey Bucko, maybe we should start the Flash Fridays trend here in KM. haha

JJ and Janice (324 posts) • 0

Rush on Greta Van Susteren Show - - reprinted from FOX News:
LIMBAUGH: In a way. But we've got great health care here. We don't need to redo this. There's nothing fundamentally wrong with it. He's running it down. We've got health care that is better than anywhere else in the world. My point is, he doesn't talk about this.

When it comes to his jobs plan, the stimulus plan -- lied through his teeth! We're bringing the deficit down? We are creating jobs? We're saving the economy? You know, this is very difficult for me to say because it's drastic, but he's doing the exact opposite. President Obama and the Democrats are destroying the U.S. economy. They are purposely doing it, I believe.

I think it's -- the real reason he wants health care is because when he gets it, that is the single greatest power the government will have to regulate every aspect of our lives. And that's what Obama is. And that's what the Democrats and the liberal wing of the Democrat Party today is, total control. These people want nothing -- as little liberty and freedom for the American people as possible. And health care ensures it.

They can deny people coverage based on their lifestyles. They can dictate what you eat, what you don't eat if you're going to get this precious health insurance. This is a dastardly thing here that's being done.

ekoorbr (50 posts) • 0

People like Rush, or Michael Moore on the other side, can have a blissfully stupid happy-joy cult following among true believers. It's a lot of fun to hear a charasmatic figurehead validate one's prejudices--and no doubt rightists at a Limbaugh fan club have just as good a time as leftists at a Moore fan club. As long as people like this don't really believe they're talking about the truth, I guess it's harmless. But the problem with American political culture is that hard-core, proudly ignorant partisans DO think they have a monopoly on the truth, regardless of evidence or careful consideration.

My point is not that exteremists are necessarily crazy. Goldwater had a good theoretical point about that back in '64. But Rush? C'mon right-wingers. Have a little class, or at least brains. Start a Ron Paul fanclub.

Ekoobr - - you use words such as "stupid" - - "ignorant" - -
"crazy" - - and imply "..no brains"

When you have to resort to name calling, well, I guess you can't think of anything intelligent to say!!

Cheers - - JJ

ekoorbr (50 posts) • 0

JJ --

You're right, I did resort to name calling, at least initially. No offense intended. My point was something about the difference between worthwhile political discussion and ego-stroking. But either way, Limbaugh or Moore, have fun.

rollsroyce (26 posts) • 0

JJ

It's cool you were a SEAL. I was thinking about a career in the US navy and join the SEAL team but when I found out about hell week and the intense training the boys go through in Coronado .....
I knew I wasn't going to make it lol.
It'd be cool if you can tell me about your life as a US SEAL, best special forces in the world.

Rollsroyce - - Thanx for comments.

We live in Bei Chun area - - if you'd like to get together for coffee at Silver Spoon, Wicker Basket, etc - - be happy to talk of SEALs.

My class in BUD/S was #56. We started with 151 - - 26 graduated!

I wrote a book, "Devils With Green Faces - Navy SEALs in Vietnam," talks of various things.

My email is: jjfletcher168@yahoo.com

Cheers - - JJ

bucko (695 posts) • 0

Yea Tonyaod. That would be perfect. Flash Fridays in Kunming.
You'll find me driving with my lights on! Bring on the hooters!

Related forum threads

Login to post