GoKunming Forums

Kunming Expo Integer/Kunming Project?

Elisa (174 posts) • 0

Does anyone know anything about this? I saw it mentioned in the Kunming Wikipedia article, but the reference link leads to a useless website run by the parent company Integer.

Here's the clip from the article:
Eco-town

The Kunming Project is located on a naturally vegetated site adjacent to the International Horticultural Expo, on the north-eastern fringes of Kunming City. The project comprises four prototype houses and a 2,000 m² Visitor Centre on a five hectare site. In 2006 the project was completed and is the first "intelligent & green" project in mainland China. Expo INTEGER Kunming is the first eco-town in southern China, with an emphasis on sustainable lifestyle, environmental protection and intelligent technology. The project aims to provide a focal point for the improvement of housing standards and building technology in the context of China. It will develop a sustainable housing and lifestyle model appropriate for the urbanization of the western region in China.

leslie (1 post) • 0

Please give me the website address, or give me a phone number of them, I will try to be of some help to find it for you. My email address: lesliehorizon@hotmail.com

Mike2008 (3 posts) • 0

The Kunming Expo Eco town is an apartment complex next to the Kunming Expo garden. They are town houses or single houses. I live in this complex and the environment is quite good, quiet and fresh air. They just launched a new complex for sale, which is located on the other side of the Expo garden.

Elisa (174 posts) • 0

Thanks Mike. It's nice to have an insider's view. How "green" is it really? It's easy to call something an eco-town, but I'd like to know what sort of features (active/passive solar, grey water recycling, recycled building materials, etc.) it has that would be green, rather than greenwashing.

Shoshie (1 post) • 0

I am interested in this place as well. I attempted to visit it the other day. It seems like the Integer project and the Eco-town were developed by two different firms, but I'm not sure. Anyone know the difference? Is there a visitor centre or a way to tour a model home?

Related forum threads

Login to post