GoKunming Forums

thoughts on study at KCELC?

Ouyang (243 posts) • 0

They did offer a free semester of classes, but what good is that when I've already moved on to another school? I don't feel that the current administration is bad, but I find it awful that they don't want to take responsibility for the mess the previous west campus administration caused. What good is it to call it a branch school when they aren't nearly as good as the main campus.

DONGFANG (3 posts) • 0

Justin,

We never met and don't know each other.You are not eligible for personal attacks on me.

There is no need to explain anything to you!!

Kathnova (1 post) • 0

Ouyang,

You only need the transfer certificate when your student visa is expired, which means you can live on KECL visa legally even you have left the school.

We foreigners should be treated equally. We know Chinese law. I support you! You win!

Nova

michael1609 (2 posts) • 0

I read the on going saga between quyang and dongfang and the long explanation provided by julie zhou from the college.

It appears that the college is trying to justify not to refund the fees paid by Quyang using the visa as an excuse.

Please note that i can arrive in kunming on a tourist visa and then convert my tourist visa to a 6 mths student visa for under 500RMB . Quyang paid several thousands RMB to the college for tution fees which he did not receive, It is also clear to me that there was clearly management problem on the part of the college during that time.

How can the college keeps the thousands of RMB quyang paid?. He paid that amount as tution fees and he did not receive any tution from the college. Common sense should tell the college that they must refund the tution fees to quyang. It will be morally wrong and unfair for the college to keep the money and the readers can only conclude that the college is greedy!!!

Quyang should keep the readers up to date if the college eventually refund the money to him.

Ouyang (243 posts) • 0

meh, I basically gave up. Talking to the management of the school is like talking to a brick wall. Maybe I don't understand Chinese "face" well enough, but being a private school that is for teaching foreigners Chinese I feel their willingness to compromise is awful.

At no time did the management of the main campus make any effort to communicate in English while I was there in person when we were discussing this problem. And this is a school who teaches beginner Chinese classes so they obviously have teachers who can speak English well enough to deal with this problem.

In the end all I have to say is stay away from this school. There are plenty of other choices now.

Ouyang (243 posts) • 0

A quick update. The school I studied at changed over to KCELC last semester, and is now their Beichen Campus. At the end of the semester the school said they paid a considerable sum of money to KCELC for my one year student visa/tuition. This semester I want to change schools, and that KCELC owes me one free semester of study.

A person from the North campus went to the main campus with my photo and information, and they flat out lied to her and said they had never met me. Yeah, and of course they gave the usual thing that they will cancel my student visa and I would have one week to leave the country, and could never return to China.

meh, KCELC sure is something... not quite sure what though.

SSeminari (16 posts) • 0

Well, the turnover rate seems to be quite high, so I wouldn't be surprised if everyone that was involved in your dispute had left. Or that the person that happened to be in the office that day was new, and had no notion of what happened 6, or even 1 month ago. Communication and even inter-office communication seems to be terrible in China, many times people working in the same department have no idea what's going on.

I've studied at KCELC for 2 semesters now, and so far (apart from some mediocre teachers that are easy to identify and navigate around), I haven't had any problems.

Related forum threads

Login to post