GoKunming Forums

Chinese Thinking "love" young female/old male

Long-Dragon (390 posts) • 0

We see younger Chinese women in love relationships with older western men. I hear and see unpleasant comments and actions by third parties when they just walk down the street. We hear of difficulties the women's parents have with these relationships. Lets try to exclude any consideration of money or visas in this relationship. Try to keep the personalities out of it. How do these two "generic" persons deal with this "Love" in this culture? Please try to be realistic with proposed solutions.

Long-Dragon (390 posts) • 0

I am talking here about a "loving" relationship that consists of two individuals who have been brought together by special circumstances and who recognize in each other a partner for living a life of mutual respect and gratitude.

the green goblin (45 posts) • 0

But when people see you on the street:
- maybe they automatically assume the girl is a gold digger
- it goes against societal norms and china is a conservative country

- a lot of the unpleasant comments are probably envy more than anything

HFCAMPO (3062 posts) • 0

Younger with older - what age difference are we talking about?

5 years - very hard to tell them apart.
10 years - no obvious difference with young looking man.
15 years - visible difference.
20 years - very obvious.
25+ years - Is that your grand-daughter?

Countries with Arranged Marriages are usually older male with younger female. Their divorce rate is much lower and age diff is between 10-15 years.

Personally, anything more than 20 years is a generation or cohort apart - more like an incestual father/daughter relationship.

Comments was also evident when black and white relationships first started - this changes with time.

I hear and see unpleasant comments and actions by third parties when they just walk down the street - Can you give some examples of the comments you hear?

Are the comments directed toward the female or the male? Examples please.

yankee00 (1632 posts) • 0

It reminds people of the stereotype that Western males are pedophiles who fly to Asia to pay for younger boys and girls. Some Western males end up with barely legal boys or girls for either lack of better option, or for safety.

@yankee,

you always seem to be bash "western men" or "white men". what is it with you? where you from exactly? chinese-american, but decided to leave america and come back to the old country to bash the western world?

pedophilia and paying for sex and dating younger women are all the same to you? is it really appropriate to bring this "western male stereotype" into this conversation?

Don't blame me. That's the thought reflex people have when they see those types of couples. Plus, pretty much everyone knows that there is a big market for Western males going to Asia to practice pedophilia. So, people get confused and mix the two.

well, it's in your interest to confuse the two, isn't it? since you seem to hate 'white men'. hope it's not due to an inferiority complex or anything. whatever it is, good luck with it! maybe seek out counseling.

I don't hate them, on the contrary. And I am sorry you felt offended by those facts. Just pretend I didn't say those.

Napoleon (1187 posts) • 0

Now be careful Yankee,

There is truth in what you say, many sickos travel from Europe to have a trot out on a minor.
But don't make Asia the victim. There are whole clans of mountain billys in Pakistan who's whole culture is founded on underage marriage. Likewise no one in Yemen would give a second thought to marrying a 12 year old. Many a Thai farmer will visit an underage brothel to empty out into a young girl with no cultural qualms.

There are Europeans who take advantage of this but only because the whole industry is available and ran by the locals.

That saying, I don't think it goes on enough here to make it worth your sex traveler's while in coming to China.

Also it's funny you mention this Asian stereotype of a European, as in Europe, especially given recent headlines, an Asian man is going to be stereotyped as a peodo over there.

Related forum threads

Login to post

This thread is locked.