GoKunming Forums

looking for unusual bits and pieces

Mahala (4 posts) • 0

I know this may seem like a strange request, but does anyone know where you can by jewellery for a belly piercing? I havent been able to find any tatoo or piercing places...

Also, is there anywhere cheap to wash clothes like a public laundry or small bussiness that charge per kilo not per item?

Thanks gang!

tanfei (25 posts) • 0

There is a tattoo/piercing shop right near Jinma Fang 金马坊 (across Jinbi Lu from The Hump). Look for the Suning electric appliance store (up some stairs). It's on the floor above Suning, near a place that sells fruit smoothies.

There is also a tattoo shop in Kundu, can't remember quite where. It's a storefront on the ground floor of the Kundu "ring." It should be easy to spot. Just walk around the ring and look for guys with stretched ears and such. I know for sure they do tattoos but not 100% sure they do piercings. But just go in and ask and I'm sure they can point you to the right place - one of the guys has a split tongue and all sorts of metal hanging off his face.

Hope that helps.

P.S. - Don't look in his photo album if he offers you a look. There are some places that metal shouldn't be, IMHO.

Greginchina (239 posts) • 0

Even though they're on every street corner in Hong Kong you don't really get laundries like that in mainland China, despite the well-known term "chinese laundry" which actually refers to laundries set up by chinese immigrants to North America in the early 20th century.

Its a shame but the laundry shops on the streets here only do per item and mostly dry-cleaning. I guess the wealthy have washing machines and the poor wash by hand. there is no inbetween.

Mahala (4 posts) • 0

Thanks for your replies. I managed to find the piercing shop and the owner directed me to a store in the DaGuan complex.

Next on the list:

Does anyone have a clue as to where I could buy a Nitro Buggy (its like remote control car but with a petrol motor and goes insanely fast- 80km + an hour... its like a toy car but for adults...) any clues??

Related forum threads

Login to post