Keats School

GoKunming Articles

Fire extinguisher leak poisons 39 people at provincial library

By in News on

Thirty-nine people were hospitalized on Saturday morning after being poisoned by a carbon dioxide leak at the Yunnan Provincial Library. The leak in the library's fire extinguisher system created a large white cloud of carbon dioxide that quickly spread to the first and second floors. Those affected by the leak suffered from dizziness, nausea, vomiting and shortness of breath.

Of the 39 people hospitalized, all but three have been discharged, according to Kunming media reports. The library was reopened on Sunday after the leak near the electronic reading room was repaired and the rest of the system was inspected.

Image: NetEase

© Copyright 2005-2019 GoKunming.com all rights reserved. This material may not be republished, rewritten or redistributed without permission.

Share this article

Comments

seeing as carbon dioxide is colourless and odourless, you've got to wonder what else was in that "large white cloud"...

Login to comment Register to comment