论坛

DHL

Pierre (46 posts) • 0

If you want to ship to the US, I'd use FedEX. You just call them (they have English service available that actually works!) and they will come by your home to pick up your goods. Easy, pain free, reliable but also a little bit more expensive.
Sending in China works good with ShunFeng 顺丰速运. It's the same model, you call them, they pick up at your location. I think they also offer an English service, but I am not sure.

Phone numbers can be found on the Chinese websites, Google is your friend

Please make sure that with whatever company you send it, you get a tracking number. In general you can say: No tracking number, no insurance! (there may be exceptions)

@Mike4g_air
The problem is that EMS uses different handlers in countries outside China. This means that a parcel sent to germany for example will not arrive with EMS but with a small crappy postal service that is trying to press the last cent out of it's customers (like charging extra for customs even though one already paid through EMS, bad delivery times, costly second delivery attempts...). But I heard service in the US is much better. Also in some countries there is a difference between parcel (smaller and no tracking number) and package (again, Germany for example). Within Germany, parcels and packages can be handled by DHL, which is somehow still a part of the German postal system. But... a parcel sent by Post in Germany will be handled by DHL (within Germany) and then by ChinaPost, while a package arrives here by DHL. This may explain your bad German shipping experience.

andy ge (6 posts) • 0

sevaral agent of DHL in Kunming, you could call 114 or let your Chinese friend call 114, and they will tell you where you could find DHL service in Kunming, :-)

AnonM (1 post) • 0

Here is the original information requested:

DHL location - Kunming:

Kunming Economic and Technological Development Center
Yun Road Emerging (technology) Industry Incubator "Hope House"
On the first floor

0871-6358900 650200 No appointment please

Call 800-810-8000 Pickup

barshopper (6 posts) • 0

EMS is cheaper but when I tracked it twice I realized that each time the envelop stayed in Guangzhou for several days. DHL is one problem. They are very fast, but if you get something delivered to Kunming, they often dont find the place to deliver it. And then you have a problem to figure out where it is. In this case we had to go near the airport to pick it up

GoK Moderator (5096 posts) • 0

@barshopper
We had the same problem. DHL did not deliver, and they then could not find the parcel, and said it was undeliverable. They did not call us either.
One parcel we got (books), the other was never delivered (shirts).

AlPage48 (1394 posts) • 0

Is DHL still a problem? I have to order some somewhat expensive items from California and they only ship via DHL, so I'm a little bit anxious.

mike4g_air (788 posts) • 0

We had another shipment from the same electronics company in germany sent again DHL but this time i got them to place the address of our broker/customs office in KM, chinese and english in addition to our address in chinese and english.
Went trough fine...

Related forum threads

Login to post