论坛

Dredging the Panlong?

blobbles (958 posts) • 0

Anyone know what they are doing and why? Seems like they have about 50 diggers all along the Panlong pulling mud off the bottom along with a small army of people putting mud into bags. Is this just to make it deeper (I imagine to reduce flooding if we have another year of rain next year) or part of some large clean up?

debaser (647 posts) • 0

i think i read somewhere that it's to create a separate section for the waste water and the cleaner drain water. something about the filthy water not flowing directly into dianchi.

Shyam (244 posts) • 0

I have no specific info, but I do know that after a flood there is a lot of sediment that gets into the normal stormwater management systems. They may just be removing the sediments from the floods in July.

DanTheMan (620 posts) • 0

They have been building levies to segregate the flow of water into half the channel...in the dried out half they have been burying big one-meter diameter piping along the bed of the river, presumably for sewage, and creating tie-ins where outflow from residential areas can enter the pipe. Once work is done they bust the levy and the sewage system can't be seen anymore.

Related forum threads

Login to post