论坛

Anyone know Battle brand bikes

GoK Moderator (5096 posts) • 0

I am looking for a cheap all rounder bike. One of the options is a Battle branded bike.

The Battle Safari is in the same price range as the Giant Hunter 1.0. Both are sold in the same store.

Does anyone know this brand? Have any comments?

Magnifico (1981 posts) • 0

Sorry, I don't know that brand, but Metro sells a Lamborghini brand bike for only 20 something thousand RMB. And there's no way anyone would try to steal it. I highly recommend it.

blobbles (958 posts) • 0

Never heard of the "battle" brand, but there are lots of brands of bikes here that are unknowns. Recommend go the Giant route as you should be able to get support for it if you crack the frame or something (not saying you are a fatso or anything :p).

The Ferrari bikes in Metro (haven't seen Lamborghini, you mean Ferrari?) are quite terrible with fairly shitty componentry for the price. Steer clear. Not sure why such a premium brand would sell such shite.

AlexKMG (2387 posts) • 0

Battle was a brand sold in Walmart/C4 prior. It's been replaced by cheaper brands and most likely Battle has tried to move upmarket with it's own distribution/franchise.

It's a Chinese brand, so will never be as nice as the thing it's trying to copy (Giant, Merida, etc). Service will be important as it will need adjustments more often depending on riding. If you ride it once a week just around the city, then no worries.

I rode a Battle bike for a short period of time. It was quite heavy and solid. I think Battle would be a good value Chinese brand, but that's a crowded field.

Battle, like any mountain bike in Kunming, will be stolen unless you're careful with it and have a very heavy and expensive lock.

I recommend a Merida or UCC or Eurobike. Those brands are easily as good as Giant and price slightly less. They will and should cost more than a Battle though.

Related forum threads

Login to post