论坛

Bar Name ideas

Chingis (242 posts) • 0

I am involved in opening a new bar/ cafe, and am struggling to come up with a good name. In my mind a "good name" should say something about the place, as well as either the Chinese translation OR transliteration sounding good, or at the very least be simple to pronounce.
The place itself is next to a park, and will have a garden area in the summer. It will focus on imported beer and cocktails, with a more cafe'ish feel upstairs and more bar'ish feel in the basement. Will have pool, foosball etc, and be owned and run by a mix of expats/ locals. Food will focus on pizza, pasta and burgers.

Clientele will be a mix of Chinese and foreigners.

1000rmb bar tab if you can come up with a name I use* Any questions just ask.

*Bar is in North- West China so you'd need to make your own way up here, so I will make the tab 1500 to cover the hard seat train...

Magnifico (1981 posts) • 0

i don't think the name is as important as you think it is.

case in point: the most successful restaurant/watering hole in kunming is named after an artist.

just call it Buddha's Underpants. it doesn't make any difference.

The Theory of Evolution

This is Not Another McDonald's

(sorry, am I allowed to submit more than one entry? I didn't see you specify any rules that suggest it's not permitted)

Chingis (242 posts) • 0

As many entries as you like, the more the better- I'm not paying 1500 per time though, its 1500 if I get one I'm happy to use. I realise the name might not be as important as I think(though I'm sure a philosopher will tell me its logically impossible)...........however I do need A name, and like my last place, I like to have a name that sounds good and a name to be proud of. Keeping it short is a plus too I think.

mPRin (821 posts) • 0

Where are you from? Name it after your town/city/state etc.
Or name it after the kind of music you like jazz/funk/dub/soul or whatever.

Chingis (242 posts) • 0

Im from NZ, but I'm not the only person/ nationality involved and there is not real a kiwi- centric aspect to the place either. Of course it had crossed my mind, but I thought given most of the customers are not native English speakers I think a name like that may be too difficult for people to understand, and any creativity in the name would just be lost on them.
Im happy for any and all input though...

make sure it doesn't mean something silly when translated in chinese.

there was a western cafe called "Caravan" in Xinjiang. good name for that location. if you can think of something specific about the area (historical maybe)... "Silk Road"

Related forum threads

Login to post