论坛

Salt - Old Towns in Yunnan

laotou (1714 posts) • 0

Hugo
Thanks much - I'd heard the old salt merchants had some fantastic mansions!

HFCAMPO (3062 posts) • 0

Unfortunately, after 6 years, I am no longer maintaining my website. However, the 3 Old Salt Towns include:

1 - Heijing - Chuxiong - Lufeng County
2 - Nuodeng - Dali - Yunlong County
3 - Shiyang - Chuxiong - Dayao County

These are the 3 ancient Salt Towns of Yunnan. They have a lot of history and they are part of the Ancient Tea Horse Road.

HFCAMPO (3062 posts) • 0

I just returned from Nuo Deng (Yunlong), Dali this afternoon. I also visited another salt Town (Bao Feng) which is 10 km south of Yunlong and it was great. A bus ride from Xia Guan to Yunlong is only 3 hours via highway and a very good road.

zhudan (204 posts) • 0

I went to the salt town in Nuodeng before. BORING! I tell you, I went into that little trip with the right attitude but in the end there was nothing special about it. For me anyway. The fact the guest house we were at ripped us off by charging us fifty rmb for an order each of rice and a fried egg probably did not help. Oh, but they gave us a free bowl of noodles later, I forgot, to make up. And my Chinese wife takes their side even, "they are just trying to make money". Wow, let's give them a 1000 rmb tip then. But in the end the salt deal is, well, some minority people... um... Making salt. Wow. Guess it would have looked more exciting with time lapse photography. And there were all these friggin' big orb weaving spiders everywhere. Freaked me out. Sure, it had its moments. But It it was all over quickly and before you know it you are having that " when does the bus back leave" sensation.

HFCAMPO (3062 posts) • 0

Bao Feng is very nice and it is also the hometown of Dong Ze - the founder of Yunnan University. Lots of history for those who have interest. 3 small children gave a us a tour of the old town and then the father of one of the girls gave us a ride to a nearby covered bridge - Great experience!

www.gokunming.com/[...]

There are 24 sights to see in Nuodeng - I will complete my list next time I visit.

1 SI HE YUAN – 多台院落
2 POCKET SIZE SI HE YUAN – 袖珍小院
3 5 DROPS SI HE YUAN – 五滴水四合院
4 JIN SHI'S FAMILY CARVING – 进士家雕
5 DRAGON + PHOENIX WOODEN ARCHWAY – 腾蛟起凤木牌坊
6 DRAGON KING'S TEMPLE – 卤脉龙王
7 SITE OF YAMEN – 提举司衙门
8 LONGEVITY PALACE – 万寿宫
9 SALT BUREAU – 盐街盐局
10 GONGYE'S HOME – 贡爷家风
11 TAOIST PRIEST PLATFORM – 道长月台
12 HOUSES ON NORTH HILL – 北山重楼