论坛

Sundy 5/26 Police Presence at ZhengYi Lu

dtedheshidtedheshi (46 posts) • 0

Huge amount of police, ChenGuan, and SWAT-team cops on the corner of ZhengYi Lu and RenMin lu this morning. Also, tons of plain-clothes gov't types scanning the populace for dangerous elements. My bag of papers to grade was heavily scrutinized. The SWAT team has set up camp right in front of Alei.

GoK Moderator (5096 posts) • 0

Is that near the Grand Theatre?
Big public display of security services going on in town. Marches, vehicle displays, mock car chases etc. all on the news on tv.

laotou (1714 posts) • 0

The police etc SHOULD be preparing for the June exhibition. Security SHOULD be extremely tight - similar to a visit from a Beijing senior exec. And in case anyone forgets - internet for we paisanos SHOULD once again slow to a crawl.

Kunming - one of the last Chinese banana republics...

tommann (423 posts) • 0

Where is that Southeast Asia expo, by the way? I would like to check it out.

GeogramattGeogramatt (203 posts) • 0

I would assume the Nanbohui is at the Exhibition Center, Kunming's largest and only venue for such things. That's just south of the Second Ring Road, East of Chuncheng Road for those who don't know.

I saw the swat teams too. They looked pretty bored. No angry protestors to round up.

I also noticed a bunch of civilian types with red armbands. Are these like the "citizen police", volunteers on hand to aid the crackdown if necessary? Reminds me a little of the Red Guards.

Related forum threads

Login to post