论坛

Richland International Hospital?

alissa (2 posts) • 0

my friend has been going there to get treatment for UTI (urine tract infection) but it's already been 2 weeks and the first week they just gave her some penicillin, antibiotics and this chinese medicine you drink with water. after taking them for a week she went back for a check up and they said her body wasnt responding well to the oral medication so they decided to administer the antibiotics by giving her shots (3 times, once per day) and continued to take oral medication. today she went back to get a check up again and they said that she had to continue with the shots because her body wasnt responding and she needed to go back for more shots (4 more times) and continue the medication.

i checked online about UTIs and a normal case should not require so much time to get better. the doctors at richland said her infection was not a severe one. so she's a bit worried about why she has to take so many shots and medication for such a long time.

laotou (1714 posts) • 0

Just because someone speaks English in Kunming doesn't make them honest, ethical, or competent - and I'm not casting aspersions to Richland. I'm sure they're a fine institution despite their recent history.

Chinese hospitals practicing western style medicine traditionally make most of their profit from pushing pills and lab tests.

I HIGHLY recommend you go see any of the fine TCM physicians and or hospitals around Kunming. If you're near the temple on YuanTong Jie (near Green Lake), there's a HUGE (if not excessively gaudy) TCM hospital in the vicinity.

For more conservative people - most of the major hospitals have TCM departments. Finally - there's the Zhongyi (TCM) yiyuan (hospital) on or about Wuyi Lu - very famous, very respectable, less prone to push pills. The advantage (usually) of TCM - it's about 20% the cost and they're less prone to push expensive chemicals into your body as opposed to TCM (needles sometimes and more likely herbal concoctions - taste terrible, smell terrible - if that doesn't force whatever ails you out of your body...and you can always add HONEY to the concoctions (assuming you're not diabetic, allergic etc) to lessen the pain of the cures.

GoK Moderator (5096 posts) • 0

Sounds like a misdiagnosis problem may be the issue.

I would go with your friend and a Chinese speaking person to KunHua (Kunming) Hospital in the centre of the city. They were originally set up as a women's hospital. It does have a good reputation.

This hospital uses mostly modern medicines.

Magnifico (1981 posts) • 0

The best hospital, in many cases except emergency situations, is....

GOOGLE.

I just did a quick search for "natural remedies for Urinary Tract Infection" and this is one site that came up:

www.myhomeremedies.com/topic.cgi?topicid=272
Frequent UTI's. It got so bad that I was living on antibiotics. Finally I bought Cranberry Pills and I take two a day. Haven't had a UTI since. Take a daily cranberry supplement for those who have a recurrent issue with UTI's. Beyond that be sure to pee after intercourse and after taking a bath. As long as I take the cranberry pills and pee afterwards I am good.

bucko (695 posts) • 0

Just keep throwing $$ at Richland. They are bound to get it right sooner or later.

alissa (2 posts) • 0

My friend went back to the hospital today to get her injections and there was a kid next to her getting injection shots as well, the IV, instead of being stuck in her hand was stuck to the little girls foot............

byebye (2 posts) • 0

May I say that your friend has be conned of her money....
I was there to get some treatment for the sinus infection that has been bugging me for a while. They wanted to an X -ray but i refused. Then they told me that I could just do a blood test and then they will prescribe some meds for me.So, i went on to do the blood test( which i dont see why i should do, but since they promised me they will prescribe me some meds, i agree). Aster the blood test they told me to come back then ext day to do the x-ray.. without the x-ray they cant prescribe any meds...... It was obvious that they just me to spend money on whatever that they could think of yet they did not want prescribe me meds... Then i got some help from the Kunming International Clinic on the West side. This clinic is run by foreign doctors........ they charge at a reasonable price.....

2 years ago, a young lady gave birth to a baby and she died.. her husband wasn't informed till 24 hours later... by then the doctor has left Kunming........

I suggest that your friend try to seek treatment from the Kunming INternational Clinic.... phone: 411-9100. UTI is not that hard to treat... most people has/had it.....
All the best!

byebye (2 posts) • 0

May I say that your friend has be conned of her money....
I was there to get some treatment for the sinus infection that has been bugging me for a while. They wanted to an X -ray but i refused. Then they told me that I could just do a blood test and then they will prescribe some meds for me.So, i went on to do the blood test( which i dont see why i should do, but since they promised me they will prescribe me some meds, i agree). After the blood test they told me to come back the next day to do the x-ray.. without the x-ray they cant prescribe any meds...... It was obvious that they just me to spend money on whatever that they could think of yet they did not want prescribe me meds... Then i got some help from the Kunming International Clinic on the West side. This clinic is run by foreign doctors........ they charge at a reasonable price.....

2 years ago, a young lady gave birth to a baby and she died.. her husband wasn't informed till 24 hours later... by then the doctor has left Kunming........

I suggest that your friend try to seek treatment from the Kunming INternational Clinic.... phone: 411-9100. UTI is not that hard to treat... most people has/had it.....
All the best!

Related forum threads

Login to post