论坛

Upscale Chinese

crazy.laowai (242 posts) • 0

Is there a Chinese restaurant in Kunming that is considered the best of the best, the cream of the crop, the finest restaurant in the city?

Dazzer (2813 posts) • 0

You are trying to hard.
In answer to your question. Yes there is an upmarket place, but a meal would cost you a month's salary. It would be better to go somewhere middle of the road. The kind of girl who expects to eat at expensive places is not interested in you, but your money.
Many Chinese are more interested in the quality of food, and if the food is good the place can be a dump and it does not really matter. The flashy restaurants are for impressing business people, and blowing expense accounts.

But I am interested in knowing about that place. I never said I am taking anyone there, or even eating there. I am just curious, because I am very interested in Gastronomy. What is the place?

Magnifico (1981 posts) • 0

I think you're more interested in wasting people's time than gastronomy.

Magnifico, that is simply not true. This forum is entitled "Food and Drink." My post is a valid question about food.

Thank you, mod. Now, does anyone have a name for what is considered the finest Chinese restaurant in Kunming?

Yuanyangren (297 posts) • 0

How about Yitianyuan near Carrefour on Longquan Lu? OK, it may not be the most upscale option in town, but it's pretty up there and an average meal out for 2 will easily cost from 300-400 Yuan.

Other options include the two Thai restaurants near the Green Lake and Yunnan University.

Yuanyangren thank you! Now that you mention it, that Thai restaurant with the balcony, by Green Lake, is nice!

Magnifico (1981 posts) • 0

crazy.laowai, did you find the wicker basket? and did you find the onion rings in the salad bar?

Related forum threads

Login to post