论坛

Overnight tour near Kunming?

Theressa (2 posts) • 0

I'm at a conference near Kunming which ends Friday morning June 8, and I'm not flying out of Kunming until Sunday afternoon the 9th. Is there an overnight trip I can take to see something outside the city on Fri/Sat?

Thanks!
Theressa

(P.S. I also appreciate hotel recommendations, even if I end up staying in Kunming and just seeing the stone city and golden temple, I have no idea where to stay)

tsaroshi (3 posts) • 0

You could take a trip to Dali. It's a beautiful place. Was there in December and stayed at a Guesthouse called Bird Bar and Bird Nest; very well located and a very charming place to stay - www.birdbardali.com.

If you intend to stay back in Kunming I would suggest Lost Garden Guesthouse, bang in the centre of Kunming near Green Lake - lostgardenguesthouse.com.
If you decide to go to Dali, get John Xie to take you. He is a great driver, speaks very good English, very accomodating and patient. My husband and I travelled with him for about 10 days in December, and have no qualms of recommending him to anyone looking for a trustworthy taxi/driver/guide - all rolled into one!

tsaroshi (3 posts) • 0

You could take a trip to Dali. It's a beautiful place. Was there in December and stayed at a Guesthouse called Bird Bar and Bird Nest; very well located and a very charming place to stay - www.birdbardali.com.

If you intend to stay back in Kunming I would suggest Lost Garden Guesthouse, bang in the centre of Kunming near Green Lake - lostgardenguesthouse.com.
If you decide to go to Dali, get John Xie to take you. He is a great driver, speaks very good English, very accomodating and patient. My husband and I travelled with him for about 10 days in December, and have no qualms of recommending him to anyone looking for a trustworthy taxi/driver/guide - all rolled into one!

tsaroshi (3 posts) • 0

oh BTW, John's contact details are - Telephone: 0871 5891829 cell phone: 13354949490 email johnxie@189.cn

Related forum threads

Login to post