论坛

Water Rationing

OceanOcean (1193 posts) • 0

Damn... our neighbourhood's just been cut off again. Anyone else having their water rationed once again?

blobbles (958 posts) • 0

I noticed our pressure in the south considerably diminished an hour or so ago. Nothing like being cut off yet though, jeez!

HFCAMPO (3062 posts) • 0

If you look carefully you will notice that all lawns and shrubs are watered by water pumped out of the sewers or from the canals. Move to Xi Shan district where there is NO water rationing. I have been here for 5 years and never had any rationing here.

AlPage48 (1394 posts) • 0

The lawns and trees in our complex are watered from the mains. Same taps they use for getting their cleaning water. They always seem to be watering grass that doesn't need it.

As ever, very annoying that people in some parts of the city are pouring water on the grass while other folk are washing from buckets. Probably even worse in the countryside villages too. We had low pressure water back for two hours last night, but off again this morning. Oddly, we rang the water company and they denied point blank that they were cutting off water to any areas.

GoK Moderator (5096 posts) • 0

It does sound like the problem is in your building, or development.

What time of day does the water 'run out'. Is it peak demand times?
Is your water from a tank at the top of the building or water tower?

Good question(s). Well, it's definitely all our neighbourhood (not just our flat or building). We are at the top of a steep hill off XueFuLu. Currently the water is off all day except for 2-3 hours in the evening. (We had this same problem for 6 months, earlier this year). Yes, there's a large water tower at the top of our hill, so I presume we get our water from there. Do you suspect there is a problem pumping the water back into it??

GoK Moderator (5096 posts) • 0

Just a suggestion, and I am not being facetious here, but this looks like one of those times when the street committee could actually do something useful.
It is after all a street/neighbourhood concern.
There should be a street committee office in each neighbourhood, or even each development. They are usually apathetic until pushed to do something. Even though they may be a laughing stock, these little 'busy-bodies' can achieve things where sometimes others fail. Perhaps you should start priming a few Chinese neighbours to go and visit them. Perhaps telling the street cttee that if they are powerless to help then unfortunately the next step is the Mayor's hotline, or the local paper (face can be a wonderful motivator if used well).

Related forum threads

Login to post