论坛

Has the new aiport already opened?

sen.hope (23 posts) • 0

Do anyone know this? I read, that the new airport will start on January, 1th 2012, but I cant find any news on the internet....

I have flights on the end of January and in the middle of February, but I dont know, where I have to go ^^

jpreezey (23 posts) • 0

I heard that the opening date was going to be pushed back to March, but it has not officially been announced yet.

YuantongsiYuantongsi (717 posts) • 0

Our logistics department has heard from people who are involved in building the new airport that they expect it to open in May,,and for the first month to be slightly,,,,chaotic,,

chris (144 posts) • 0

I read something about test runs for larger jets in the near future, but it does seem to be shrouded in uncertainty. Better than opening before it's ready, I suppose.

If, as I was recently, you're in a taxi with a new driver who doesn't know their way around the city so well, make sure they don't take the exit marked "Airport Expressway" on Erhuan Dong Lu heading south... that'll take you to the new airport.

aiyaryarr (122 posts) • 0

I have heard that, AT THE MOMENT, all domestic flights are still going in & out at the "old" airport. International flights are using the "new" airport. Transportation to the new airport are being provided via "shuttle buses" at various locations throughout the city for 10 Yuan each way. The old airport has a shuttle bus stop. The toll for driving to & from the new airport, I believe, is 40 Yuan. I believe this is the current information which, in China, is always likely to change at a drop of a hat without advance notice.

aiyaryarr (122 posts) • 0

Updates & clarifications to my 4 January post on the subject. I'd like to apologize for any inconvenience caused.

Please note the information below is what I've been told as of today (6 January 2012):

As of today, all domestic & all international flights are going in & out of the old airport. Previous post about international flights in & out of the new airport were apparently trials & practice runs.

When the new airport is finally in operation, transportation via the shuttle bus service to & from the new airport will cost 15 Yuan/person each way (The 10 Yuan fare is for airline & airport personnel only). The toll for driving to & from the new airport is 20 Yuan each way.

I'd strongly recommend calling your airline for up to the minute information concerning your flight.

Geezer (1953 posts) • 0

This strange. Think someone has jumped the gun.

"You arrive early morning into Kunming's shiny new international airport located some distance from the city. As you drive in, you are immediately struck by the modern highways and city infrastructure that China has put in place in a short span of two decades. The city is now designated a special tourism centre and, as such, has a large number of middle level and luxury hotels."

This is from an Indian website. It outs China Eastern and a Kunming travel agency.

TIC

joshwa (67 posts) • 0

I flew in yesterday from HK— definitely still the old airport :)

While on approach I did get a great view of the new airport— the runways and buildings look very finished, though there were no ground support vehicles or activity on the tarmac that I could see.

My sincerest wish was to not have to use the new airport during its first month of operation, but I'm flying again every single month through June, which makes that dream unlikely. :(

Aviation-nerd trivia: since the prevailing winds are the same in the new location, the orientation of the runways at Changshui is identical to that of the Wujiaba (03/21). This means that when you're on approach to Wujiaba you'll get a fantastic view on your left of the new airport, perfectly parallel to your flight path.

Related forum threads

Login to post