论坛

Any jobs available?

cnotes11 (61 posts) • 0

Sounds like a pretty big cop out to me. I am also from the States, graduated from school in '08 right about when sh** was really hitting the fan.

So I also experienced the difficult job market and the financial fallout. But statements like: "Basically all of the jobs in America have been outsourced to places like China and India" dodge personal accountability. Geography plays a role and obviously so does skill set; but it sounds like you want a scapegoat more than anything, and that statement really smacks of fox news.

If you want to come to China, by all means come, but don't make a perceived lack of economic opportunity at home be the sole reason.

cnotes11 (61 posts) • 0

Sounds like a pretty big cop out to me. I am also from the States, graduated from school in '08 right about when sh** was really hitting the fan.

So I also experienced the post-recession job market.... But statements like: "Basically all of the jobs in America have been outsourced to places like China and India" dodge personal accountability. Geography plays a role, and obviously so does your skill set; but it sounds like you want a scapegoat more than anything. I don't mean to be harsh but get slightly annoyed when when I see things that seem to contribute to the negative stereotype... that I am constantly answering for to one degree or another as an American expat/traveler.

If you want to come to China, by all means come, but don't make a perceived lack of economic opportunity at home be the sole reason.

cnotes11 (61 posts) • 0

*unrelated the internet skipping in and out making me unsure whether something posted + losing information is fantastic.

Liumingke1234 (3297 posts) • 0

I agree cnotes11. It's all about timing too. Supply and demand.

HFCAMPO (3062 posts) • 0

The USA will only get worse with time so the sooner you get out, the better. Regardless of where you go you need time to establish and network and learn about your new surroundings. I left the USA 10 years ago and I have no regrets. I left when I was 39 so I am sure you can do well after you have established yourself here. Good luck!

cnotes11 (61 posts) • 0

Just noticed how old most of this thread is. I guess responding was a waste. Felt cathartic though, even two years after the fact.

Bunnwath (1 post) • 0

Dear Ladies / Gentlemen,

I would like to have some part-time job in Kunming such as: English Teacher, Teaching Assistant, Research Assistant etc...

I used to work with many different cultures and races as well.

Recently, I worked as an English Teacher within P&D Tutoring Service and Project Translator/Research Assistant of PEN Cambodia. In 2011, I graduated with two Bachelor degrees in the field of Business Administration majoring in Marketing from Human Resources University and International Relations from Paññāsāstra University of Cambodia (English Studies). Presently, I have got a scholarship; I'm training Chinese Language for Master Degree of International Relations within Yunnan University. Since 2007, I have demonstrated my ability to work and deal with people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds and thus, I am confident in using English language (speaking, listening, writing and reading). I am familiar in using various computer programs such as Microsoft Word& Excel, PowerPoint, SPSS program, different internet browsers & E-mail clients.

bunnwath@gmail.com

Related forum threads

Login to post