论坛

Golf in Kunming

j.oat (3 posts) • 0

I've heard Kunming is kind of popular for its great golf courses. From what I've seen they look a little pricey.

Has anyone on here been to them? Are they affordable? And are there any decent, affordable driving ranges?

j.oat (3 posts) • 0

Well I'm more interested in knowing about the driving ranges. Here (in Vancouver), the driving range I go to charges about 6 dollars US for 60 balls. I was looking at driving ranges in Beijing and they were substantially more expensive than that.

As for courses, maybe 50 dollars (more or less).

hedgepig (273 posts) • 0

i've been to this one: www.gokunming.com/[...]

i forget the price, as it was a while ago, but it'd fit into most people's definition of affordable. i was just tooling about, and am no expert on driving range facilities, but it seemed functional enough.

an added bonus is the Thai restaurant next door, which is arguably the best in town. they have a sundeck with a view of the city, and the combination of smacking some balls and throwing down spicy food can make for a good day out.

one oddity with these destinations is that they're inside the Expo Gardens, which usually requires a ticket. the way around this is to go in the north gate of the Expo Gardens (Chuanjin Lu, by Jindian) and explain to security where you're going - they'll let you in for free.

Danmairen (510 posts) • 0

On a teacher's salary, yes the green fees are a bit steep around here but if you are a tourist from WaiguoLand it shouldn't be too bad. As I understood it from one of my private students is if you go with a member the green fee can be much less than advertized - the usual "if-you-know-someone" thing in China. I've only played the Dali course in Yunnan and the views were spectacular, fairways and greens were nicely kept and since we came out of season we got a little discount. I can't remember exactly what we paid but something to the extent of 700 a person with a buggy and caddy (who was friendly and smily but kept suggesting we'd use a driver for the par 3s). I've heard the Lake Course and Mountain Course at the Spring City resort should be some of the best courses in China.

GoK Moderator (5096 posts) • 0

Dian Chi Golf is about 800 RMB per round. The driving range is, I think, 30 RMB for 30 balls.

Gold is a rich man's pastime here. Rather like the UK 50 years ago.

Membership for the Dian Chi course is, I think, 400 000 for life membership. I am not sure if there are also green fees.

Ouyang (243 posts) • 0

I live near the Expo Garden. The golf range is actually in the 世博生态城(shibo shengtaicheng) residential area next to the Expo Garden. You don't need to go through the north gate at Jindian or the Expo Garden.

You can enter near the intersection of Bojin Dadao, Chuanjinlu, and Shibolu(Bojin Dadao turns into Shibolu). If you're coming from the south on Chuanjin Lu just turn right onto Shibolu and there is a gate immediately on the left into Shibo shengtaicheng you can use. I believe it's gate 5, but I'm not sure. Just tell them you're going to the golf range.

I can check out the prices this weekend.

YuantongsiYuantongsi (717 posts) • 0

There are travel agents who can get you discounted games of golf when you book through them, sorry but I dont have any agents to recommend.

zetti80 (1 post) • 0

Dian Chi Golf, Sunshine Golf, Kunming Country Golf Club, all these driving range charge about 1 yuan per ball - quite affordable. The green fees for guests are rather expensive ~1600 yuan per round (18 holes). Spring City Golf Club is one step above ~2300 yuan per round.

Related forum threads

Login to post