论坛

China tourist visa in Vientiane??

Geezer (1953 posts) • 0

Has anyone done a visa run to Vientiane?

Doing a transition from teacher to students and need to leave China to get a L visa. I'd like to get it in Vientiane. Seems the Chinese Embassy in Laos should be ok, but this is Asia.

Has anyone done it?

Any problems, pitfalls, traps or suggestions?

dr. chibbles (36 posts) • 0

I'm wondering about this as well. Vientiane or Luang Prabang. I've heard there are 500rmb flights from Jinghong to Luang Prabang and I've also heard Americans can only get one month tourist visas. Any of this true?
Thanks.

Dan Siekman (102 posts) • 0

Pretty sure Chinese visas can only be issued in Vientiane, but there are services that will run your stuff down from Luang Prabang. Anybody have any recent experience w/ Chinese visas in Laos?

Tomato (4 posts) • 0

I'm very sure you can only get a 30 days tourist visa and later on extend it in China for another 30 days unless you have an invitation of a school or company that is offering you a different type of visa.

Geezer (1953 posts) • 0

Hello from Vientiane, getting a China 30 day tourist visa in Vientiane is easy, smooth, quick and fast. I was in the Chinese embassy less than 10 minutes total. Yup, that was applying and picking up.

Cost: $140USD for the visa and it takes 4 days.
Want it at 4pm today? $170USD
Want it at 9:30am tomorrow? $160USD.

Hotels are about $20 or so for a private room with bath. Flight was 2hours by turboprop, 2200RMB.

Lao as short, poor, and happy Thais.

Tomato (4 posts) • 0

There is a bus from Kunming going directly to Vientiane for about US 50$ and the Lao visa will cost you 30$ to enter the country.

Smillz (31 posts) • 0

Tomato- Do you know approximately how long the bus to Vientiane takes?

Geezer- is the 30 day tourist visa the only option there?

Thanks for all the info!

Geezer (1953 posts) • 0

I think Americans can only get a 30 visa anywhere. I did business with Chinese companies for about 4 years and got 3 - 4 visas a year and was refused multiple entry visa until the last one. I asked for a 30 day L visa as I was going to China to teach but the China consulate in LA gave a one year multiple entry, at added cost of course. I asked why and was told, "we know you do business in China" TIC

While I got what I asked for in Vientiane, I did not ask about other options. Just like any other government they keep in simple without a menu. Think of it like McDonalds, pick what works and smile. The Chinese know we are dumb, why prove it by inventing questions and trying order what ain't on the menu.

Americans pay $140USD for a 30 day L visa. The price is high thanks to Bush, then Obama. I think other folks pay less.

Aidso (1 post) • 0

Hi there guys and dolls, first time posting on here. Wondering has anyone got a 30 day tourist visa for China in Vientiane in recent weeks? If so how much does it cost and is the process as complicated as in Bangkok where they require bank statements, flights in and out of China and hotel reservations? Thanks guys and gals,
A

Related forum threads

Login to post