论坛

COVID 19 vaccine for foreigners

AlPage48 (1394 posts) • 0

There was a long line at Tuodong Stadium when I passed this morning on my way to the PSB.

I would guess that the majority of people in line were in their 20s or 30s and most seemed to have some kind of form in hand.

I makes sense to use a stadium for large crowds since they want everyone to sit for a while after getting the shot.

Lots of seats available at the stadium.

tigertigerathome (172 posts) • 0

The times I have seen big queues at stadiums, it has been around this time of year, and it was recruitment fairs for those who will graduate this year, and anyone else who wants to queue for that matter.

AlPage48 (1394 posts) • 0

@tigertigerathome
The signs out front (including pictures) along with the medical personnel and ambulance say this was definitely vaccination queues.

Ricklane (39 posts) • 0

As algebra or calculus teachers would write, "please show your work." In Oliver's case, reputable sources citing how Chinese vaccines are "most reliable," granted Sputnik V reportedly has high efficacy above 90%. The Russians recently signed a vaccine production agreement with a Chinese drugmaker for Sputnik to be manufactured in China. We'll see how that alliance goes in the coming months for foreign expats here.

Dazzer (2813 posts) • 0

reliable has a totally different meaning in research. and totally dirrerent to effective. if a watch is always 10 minutes slow it is reliable as you can rely on it to be 10 slow. not accurate but reliable. my grandad had a reliable bladder, he always pee at 6am, problem was he didn't get up until 8. reliable is not always good.

Ricklane (39 posts) • 0

A reliable grandson who always wake grandpa up at 5:59am may be good. ;)

Scientific method in research (with minimal human bias errors) doesn't care about subjective good or bad. It just seeks to obtain the truth.

Reliable data in controlled research (e.g. vaccination test trials) maximizes reliable predictions in the real world. Healthcare policy makers use these data to minimize pandemic fallout for the collective. That is to say, in a perfect world san vaccine diplomacy.

Dazzer (2813 posts) • 0

if every field test of vaccine x shows it is 20% effective, the results are reliable. this has nothing to do with how effective the vaccine is. reliability is not a word i would use in describing any vaccine. if every field test of vaccine y shows it is 95% effective, the results are reliable. i also think that the more effective vaccine y would be described as better. if field tests of vaccine z show results of 60-90% effective, the results are unreliable, but vaccine z could be said to be better than vaccine x, assuming all other factors including side effects remain similar.

Related forum threads

Login to post