论坛

Biketouring adventure in Yunnan - Tips and Advice

gemii (2 posts) • 0

Hey everyone,

I'm new to gokunming but wanted to get some advice on bike-touring here. I've lived in china for a number of years and planning to bike for around a month in January from Kunming to Wenshan Zhuang and Miao, then down to Xishuangbanna cycling along the border. Then up to Dali and eventually diqing. Sounds like a lot I know, but I average around 40-60 miles per day on the bike, I also might take the train during the last leg so I get a bit more time in the main places. Any thoughts and tips for things that I should check out along the way?

DanTheMan (620 posts) • +2

Diqing is going to be still be freaking cold at the end of January. Personally, I would stick more to the bottoms of the three parallels river bottoms than to go up onto those high elevation plateaus. Also, if you insist on pushing forward with that plan and you are intending to take the back from from Lijiang to Shangri-la which goes via Tiger Leaping Gorge and Haba Village, you may want to reconsider. I heard they are reconstructing that whole road now and it's a bit of a mess. There is a China adventure cycling WeChat group mostly composed of people not living in Yunnan, but many of them still have quite extensive knowledge and experience of the cycling routes here. If you want to PM me your WeChat details I can add you and pulll you into the group.

Related forum threads

Login to post