论坛

Visit to China

Artur (3 posts) • 0

Hi my name is Arthur. I'm graduating from Belarusian state medical university with degree in surgery. I'm going to come to Kunming on January 27. I want to know is it possible

for me to visit your hospitals to see how chineses doctors work. I've heard that chinese medicine is one of the most advanced in the world. Thank you for help.

jj123 (99 posts) • +1

"I've heard that chinese medicine is one of the most advanced in the world."

If there wasn't a moderator and censuring mechanism in place, this comment would most likely get trashed on multiple levels.

So therefore, I will obviously not say anything, but I do have a question for you, OP.

Where did you hear that?

Liumingke1234 (3297 posts) • 0

@jj123
Ha. Ha. I was thinking the same thing. That being said there are

a

few famous TCM hospital called昆明市中医院(dong feng dong lu No. 25)
and www.yn-tcm-hosptial.com tell. 63620626
address: guang Hua jie no. 120
There's another place called

sheng ai zhong yi gang (圣爱中医院)
Keep in mind that there are really good doctors that practice this but there are also a lot of 'quacks' that will make outrageous claims and take you for all you got. I don't know how willing they would be to share there 'secrets'. All the same good luck!

Keep in mind that if you come
1-24 to 1-30 2020 you will probably not get anything accomplish because people will be on the move and on vacation.

tigertigerathome (172 posts) • +1

A few thoughts come to mind.

Firstly, that is the worst week of the year to come and visit. Transport will be full, and at maximum prices. Once you get here you might find it nearly impossible to get internal flights and train tickets in economy class.
Secondly, if you want to have any chance of visiting a medical facility, except as a patient, you should arrange this with you university. See if your university has any medical links with Kunming hospitals, if not faculty then maybe another student.

You will need to find a gatekeeper. Remember that they are not 'our hospitals' .

Thirdly, there are world leading doctors in their fields, most are in Shanghai or Beijing. There is research being done on spinal injuries in Kunming, (www.gokunming.com/[...] I am not aware of anything else.

@Tigertiger
Good Advice. Just showing up and expecting someone to help (especially regarding TCM) is not gonna happen. If you can wait until after the Chinese New Year holidays maybe they will be more open to listening what you have to say/ask. You definitely should bring someone willing to be your go between(preferably in the TCM field).

lemon lover (1006 posts) • +4

Best thing to do is come here, break your leg, go to a hospital and you can experience firsthand how advanced Chinese medicine is.

satii (82 posts) • +1

Eastern medicine like acupuncture is actually integrated as one of the physical therapy regimens in forefront sports medicine as adopted in modern professional sports to expedite recovery of injured athletes, i.e. those with sprained or torn ACL (accompanying plasma therapy) or suffered various leg related or back injuries.

So i'd sanguinely put Chinese medicine in the wellness recup category if prescribed as treatment for a broken leg with collateral nerve/muscle/tendon/ligament issue.

Perhaps OP is stating that Yunnan 中医 is among "most advanced in the world" in terms of Chinese med, due to plethora supplies of raw, herbal medicinals originating from South of Clouds? Granted big pharma has their hands in the powder jar here as well.

tigertigerathome (172 posts) • 0

Looking at the original post. The poster graduated in surgery. If this is correct, and not a translation error, then TCM does not do surgery, and may be of little interest to him.

Related forum threads

Login to post