论坛

Organic meat / good butcher in Kunming?

swopat (11 posts) • 0

Is there any butcher in Kunming where you can get good quality meat?

Like organic pork or beef meat.

Thanks!

cloudtrapezer (756 posts) • 0

Zhuanxin market on xinwen lu is probably your best bet. Its very big and has most things.

Ishmael (462 posts) • 0

Is it imported? If so, from where? How does it get defined as 'organic'?

Liumingke1234 (3297 posts) • 0

I doubt you will find anything organic here. You can't believe what they say.

AlPage48 (1394 posts) • +1

There used to be a shop in our community that claimed to be organic.
In their window was a beautiful picture of the farm, with a plane flying over spraying the crops!

Geezer (1953 posts) • 0

@Ishmael I would think all meat is organic.

It might have something to do with how the animal is raised. If that is the case, I agree with Liumingke1234.

swopat (11 posts) • 0

I know the Zhuanxin market, but like @Liumingke1234 said: How to believe what they tell you to make a sale?

Here is a definition for organic beef: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Organic_beef
(should apply to other animals as well, personally I'm looking more for pork)

Maybe let's stick more to the term of "good quality meat", I define it for me:
- Naturally raised
- Never receive antibiotics etc.
- Roams some farm land, where it probably got it main food source from
(and probably after butchered not lying around for a long time without cooling, because I'd like to process it not overly well cooked)

Ishmael (462 posts) • 0

The wikipedia def. relies on an American (USDA) concept - well, okay, maybe that's all a good idea, doubtless there's too much chemicals and injections out there - tho that doesn't mean they're all bad, does it? And consider that bringing meat half way around the world, if that is what is considered necessary, involves a fair amount of transport pollution (air, sea etc.) and burnt hydrocarbons. Also that plenty of pork I've eaten in China tastes really good. And that an asteroid could get us tomorrow, or perhaps early this evening.
P.S.: What's 'natural' about breeding and raising domestic animals and cooking the meat before eating it?

Related forum threads

Login to post