论坛

Spat with Kim

Dazzer (2813 posts) • 0

apart from korean news agency threatening china with catastrophic consequences if it sides with trump and un on new sanctions. i am sure bejing is not happy with that

Dazzer (2813 posts) • +1

looking at pictures of emaciated kids in north korea it is clear there is close to famine. looking at the great leader, you can see who caused it.

Stratocaster (161 posts) • +1

@JanJal's idea sounds interesting. It could be a win-win-win for all, but it just seems highly unlikely. For now, if the US could somehow keep the pressure up on China to restrict trade with N. Korea AND have the patience to wait for results, it might be best. In the meantime, if any further missiles are launched from NK, the US should shoot them down.

Alien (3819 posts) • 0

North Korean missiles are not a problem for the US; the US military is a problem for North Koreans and the DPRK state.

One may, of course, also argue that the North Korean state is a problem for the North Korean people, but I rather doubt that they would want to be 'liberated' by the US military.
I don't know of famine in North Korea at present, but am willing to look at evidence that it is occurring.
Nobody needs to shoot anybody.

Geezer (1953 posts) • 0

If the US hits NKorea in concert with China moving ground troops in, the loser will be SKorea as thousands would die in hours.

Chubby may be nuts but he clearly has his supporters. Hopefully China can find a magic way to lessen the threat.

Napoleon (1187 posts) • -5
Comment hidden by user downvote 点击展开更多

Kim's calling Trump's bluff. Good on the lad.
Anything in North Korea is at best a proxy war with China and Russia. Kim has more friends than enemies.

Pyongyang Mcdonald's will just have to wait.

JanJal (1243 posts) • +2

About possibility of proxy war, who do you gather will fight on side of Team USA?

I don't quite think that even the South Koreans would go to war without much more concrete involvement from USA than they have displayed in any other proxy war in recent history.

I think the south would only go to war, if the north initiates major attack (more than sinking a vessel off the coast), or USA has ground troops on the very front line. Think Vietnam.

Good thing about the whole situation is that Russia, China or pretty much anyone have NOTHING to gain from helping DPRK launch an offensive.

That has changed since Korean War, if nothing else has.

Related forum threads

Login to post