论坛

broken water pipes

Alien (3819 posts) • 0

I have been out of Kunming for a few weeks and am worried about my apartment. Has anyone had problems with frozen/broken water pipes?

debaser (647 posts) • 0

many people. Can you get a friend/neighbour to check for you? Many pipes to/from solar heaters split... so they cut off the water to everyone in my xiaoqu. A friend's water leaked for days before he knew it was his.

tallamerican (396 posts) • 0

Live in a new complex and all pipes froze. Were put on outside of buildings and they did not prepare for the forecasted extreme cold. Have not had water since Sunday? Luckily have ponds so have been hauling pails of water to flush toilet.

AlPage48 (1394 posts) • 0

The main water line under one building in our community burst on Monday. The result was reduced pressure to 24 buildings, so water to the upper floors (where we live) was cut off for 2 days while repairs were made. We live in the north beside the bus station.

Last night we were downtown and saw people there hauling buckets of water. It looks like the problems were city wide because no construction here places water lines outside the range of extreme cold.

Xiefei (539 posts) • 0

Yeah, it's happened all over the city, especially in older complexes. If anyone has a key, have them go take a look. If not, call the landlord or management and see if they can at least cut off the water to your place.

In our complex, the main pipe burst, as well as the meters for just about every solar water heater on the roof. All the plumbers in town are working double time, so it looks like I'm carting buckets for another few days.

AlPage48 (1394 posts) • 0

The water main is now fixed, but I woke up this morning to find the shut-off valve to the kitchen water heater had blown off and the floor was a bit damp.

For once I understand why the kitchen floor has a drain and I'm thankful for it.

ricsnapricsnap (193 posts) • 0

I wonder why these yearly problems come back up without in this case the plumbers doing nothing effective to stop them.

Still no hot water at mine and frozen pipes in a brand new complex built by the 1st ring road.

It is a sort of developed China. We are all impressed when we find out about solar panels for hot water, and yet more importantly people still freeze their asses in winter following the old Mao rule of no heaters under the Yangtze river. How come? It is part of the many contradictions of this culture I find hard time to cope with...

Napoleon (1187 posts) • 0

Why?

Because of money and the Chinese character of being able to endure any discomfort or inconvenience in order not to spend it.

It's difficult to show off your new quality pipes to your friends you see.

Related forum threads

Login to post