论坛

Hotel within Kunming Airport

yunchi (5 posts) • 0

My flight arrives Kunming shortly after midnight. I read there is a hotel within the airport terminal. Can anyone confirm? It would be great if you could provide their web site and/or phone number. I also plan to visit Jianshui and Yuanyang. Are there so-called luxury buses that go there? Are there any tours that I can join up in Kunming to go these places?

Thanks in advance for your help.

gbtexdoc (218 posts) • 0

It's a small airport. No hotel in the terminal. Several within a block or two. One just across the street.

gbtexdoc (218 posts) • 0

Sorry, I don't.

Your best bet is probably to just pick something that fits your budget constraints from a travel reservation website such as e-long or c-trip and take a taxi to the hotel when you arrive. They will have taxis at the airport even though it's late at night.

Alternatively, if you are traveling light and speak Chinese, just wing it and find something after arrival.

www.elong.net/

english.ctrip.com/

gbtexdoc (218 posts) • 0

A final note that did not occur to me before: Please bear in mind that Kunming's airport is just on the south edge of the city. It isn't way far out like Hong Kong's or Seoul's. It only takes a few minutes to get from the airport to the heart of the city. Late at night, when you will arrive, you can literally be "downtown" in 15 minutes by taxi. So finding lodging right exactly at the airport is not as important as it might be otherwise.

yunchi (5 posts) • 0

Hi GBTEXDOC.

Thanks for the info. I just want to play it safe and avoid taking a taxi in a new city in the middle of the night.

Thanks again.

Related forum threads

Login to post