论坛

What if China and America...

Napoleon (1187 posts) • 0

It'll never happen. It would plunge both countries economies into the red. There's a war going gagging in North Korea and Syria and America isnt interested so It certainly would'nt be interested in one with the Chinese. Don't know what everyone is panicking for.

Geezer (1953 posts) • 0

China and...

Zeng Jinrun, a columnist published by the hawkish Global Times website, said "If an Australian military aircraft arrives as planned, China should use Russia as an example and take bold action and send our military aircraft to drive it away," Mr Zeng wrote in the editorial. "If this does not work we should just shoot it down."

laotou (1714 posts) • 0

@geezer
that's just plain silly. If Australia or the USA invades sovereign territories, intruding on national security - that nation should respond with courtesy - not hostility. Courtesy demands China fly military aircraft into Australian and US airspace in kind...

Alien (3819 posts) • 0

Why should the South China Sea be considered Chinese airspace? Claiming a few previously-uninhabited islands doesn't impress me.

The US government/military should calm down too.
The aggressive bs we have to live by, under threat - too much to swallow, all around.

Lester (84 posts) • 0

I was already teaching in China when the US bombed the Chinese embassy in Belgrade, killrd 3 people. I stayef out of sight for 24 hours. Temprrs had cooled by then, i kept on teaching & nothing bad happenrd to me. Same-same with the spy plane incident early in "W" Bush's 'administration. Nothing bad happened to me.

Lester (84 posts) • 0

Real war between the USA & PR China is unlikely. The CIA might well encourage tibet & Xinjiang independence groups.

Alien (3819 posts) • 0

@Geezer: Yeah - since the ancestors are dead, it's hard to imagine how they might suffer from the 'shame', unless one imagines they're hanging around somewhere as spirits etc.
Seems to me people generally are a bit too quick to either praise or condemn people on the basis of the actions of their ancestors, from which they can receive neither credit nor blame. Example: lot of soldiers from Country X killed a lot of civilians in Country Y; although those soldiers are long dead, people from Country Y still are encouraged to punish the living from Country X, despite the fact that they were not even born when the killing occurred. Somebody explain to me how this makes some kind of moral sense.

Related forum threads

Login to post