论坛

Getting a cat vaccinated for travel to US

WayoftheSun (52 posts) • 0

Hello all, I am taking my cat back with me to the US but in order to bring her on the flight she needs an appropriate certificate and vaccinations. Does anyone know of a good vet in kunming that knows how to do that?

YuantongsiYuantongsi (717 posts) • 0

Hi, we are getting our dog ready for a trip overseas too.

The vet (this is also the place that registers dogs) on the left side of the road on the corner (second floor) as you walk down down from Wenlin jie (keep heading away from Sals after you pass the cinema on your left) can provide service and the injections etc that you need. You will also need CiQ permission to take the cat out,,we are still looking into that so can't offer any help on that yet.

You need to check what the US needs to accept your cat as this may be different from what China needs to let your cat out.

AlexKMG (2387 posts) • 0

I have heard some states have additional regulations or quarantine, so check your ask your state too.

mPRin (821 posts) • 0

Thanks for this thread. This is exactly the info I'm looking for. Though I want to go back to the UK- which it seems is a hell of a lot tougher and time consuming. Anyway, i need to get rabies vaccines and other vaccines plus a blood test (three months after rabies vaccine) I believe its just a month for you lucky Americans! Anyway, i have no idea where to begin. Any info at ALL would be very much appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Seems I may have to be here til almost Christmas which is very worrying since my visa is up September 25th. I am looking into a pet relocation service. Pricey- but possibly worth it for the peace of mind.

YuantongsiYuantongsi (717 posts) • 0

HI, from Baidu it seems to be the Flying Tigers building, Long Xiang Jie 77 龙翔街77 First Floor,,for those of us who speak correct English (haha) 二楼

BTW that rabies test can be done in China now, check the EU website for approved clinics. We had the blood plasma sample taken at the vet above then couriered it to the clinic in ChangChun city. Costs about 300 rmb for the test.

So I got the rabies vaccine done and it came with an official stamped card with all my info on it, and it really looks like thats all the US needs in terms of bringing an animal into the country. They also need a full health inspection within ten days of leaving, but as I look at Chinese airline pet requirements, theyre asking for a ton of stuff that I really dont know how to get ahold of. Import/export papers, super strange requirements for the kennel, etc. How do I figure out where to get these documents? I went to that vet on longxiang jie and they didnt seem to have much information on what was needed for cats.

laofengzi (376 posts) • 0

A general certificate of health is not required by CDC for entry of pet cats into the United States, although some airlines or states may require them. However, pet cats are subject to inspection at ports of entry and may be denied entry into the United States if they have evidence of an infectious disease that can be transmitted to humans. If a cat appears to be ill, further examination by a licensed veterinarian at the owner's expense might be required at the port of entry.
Cats are not required to have proof of rabies vaccination for importation into the United States. However, some states require vaccination of cats for rabies, so it is a good idea to check with state and local health authorities at your final destination.

post airline, and are you going through beijing to usa or?

Well shes in very good health, so I dont think the certificate of health will be an issue. Im getting one done just to be safe a few days before I go. I am not sure which airline I will fly from kunming to beijing because I want to make sure whichever one I take allows pets in cabin, I will know by tomorrow. I am flying nonrev via delta (standby as my father is a pilot for delta) from beijing to seattle, and then delta again from seattle to minneapolis. It sounds like their requirements are pretty minimal, so its mainly the chinese airline and inspections officials in beijing that I want to make sure I comply with as it seems I already have everything necessary for the american part of the trip.

Well shes in very good health, so I dont think the certificate of health will be an issue. Im getting one done just to be safe a few days before I go. I am not sure which airline I will fly from kunming to beijing because I want to make sure whichever one I take allows pets in cabin, I will know by tomorrow. I am flying nonrev via delta (standby as my father is a pilot for delta) from beijing to seattle, and then delta again from seattle to minneapolis. It sounds like their requirements are pretty minimal, so its mainly the chinese airline and inspections officials in beijing that I want to make sure I comply with as it seems I already have everything necessary for the american part of the trip.

Related forum threads

Login to post