论坛

Nasty Habits

HFCAMPO (3062 posts) • 0

www.gokunming.com/[...]

I included this thread as Neddy will be directing most of us who reply to this thread anyway.

1 - I saw a brand new fully furnished villa (3-4 Million) with newspapers on the windows - some old habits die hard.

2 - The purpose of the balcony cage on the windows is to store old newspapers, cardboard, and plastic bottles as well as old mop handles.

3 - Only in China - People who own a house (500,000 - 1 million+) sell their garbage (cardboard and plastic bottles) to poor people who live in a tiny room (shack) with their garbage. As this was not bad enough, the poor people have to pick up and carry the garbage and then pay the home owners for their trash. I take my recyclables to the guy near my house and leave it on his bike every morning on my way out - she says thank you every day (RAK).

4 - Too lazy to walk to the garbage station so just leave it outside your door so it can drip and smell the entire stairway.

5 - Pull Over - a term that has never been heard of in China - when you want to disembark from your car - just stop anywhere - no need to pull over near the curb - anyone behind you can wait or go around.

6 - About 9pm one summer night, I was waiting at a bus stop. A chinese guy was looking at the bus chart for a long time then he approached and said something. I knew he was just asking for directions but I really could not understand him so I replied sorry and ting bu dong. He then walked over to a lady (40s) who was also at the bus stop. Again he asked the same question. She looked at him and immediately turned her back and walked away as though he was going to rape her or something. I guess her mommy told her Do Not Talk to Strangers.

Magnifico (1981 posts) • 0

maybe he was going to rape her.

nasty habit: posting too much on forums.

AlexKMG (2387 posts) • 0

1 - the newspapers make your expensive villa look like a warehouse for cheap commodities. maybe good theft prevention.

2 - I stored all kinds of useless and probably flammable shit in my garage in the usa.

3,4 - I'm not greedy but am lazy. I just leave my recyclables in a bag outside my door. My complex is full of nice Chinese; everyone takes their trash out.

5 - taxis

6 - maybe he was going to rape her

neddy (277 posts) • 0

1. It is cultural. Your own culture is not the one, right, global way.

2. It is cultural. Your own culture is not the one, right, global way.

3. I agree with you on this one.

4. It is cultural. Your own culture is not the one, right, global way. Also, if you are like me, then you live on a high floor. If you need to tie up a garbage bag in the middle of dinner, for example, it would be ludicrous to walk down 8 or more flights of stairs every single time.

5. It is cultural. Your own culture is not the one, right, global way.

6. Why do you care?

HFCAMPO (3062 posts) • 0

I care about my surroundings. Everything I can see and hear and is in my perimeter becomes my responsibility. Thats what my papi taught me - this is why I do not have Apathy!!!

neddy (277 posts) • 0

HFCAMPO, do you really think that it is your job to go around the world, changing "your" surroundings (which happen to also belong to everyone else) to suit your narrow view of how the world should be? Christ.

HFCAMPO (3062 posts) • 0

Yes! I am going to rip your balls off so you don't contaminate the rest of the world - Full Metal Jacket.

Magnifico (1981 posts) • 0

Ho Chi Minh is a son of a bitch
Got the blue balls, crabs, and the 7 year itch.

I'm on neddy's side on this one!

neddy (277 posts) • 0

HFCAMPO, what if someone entered your house/apartment, and started walking around from room to room, pointing out things that, according to their strict, black and white, narrow-minded world view, were "wrong". Then they started actively doing things to hurt you, until you changed those things. How would you feel? Serious question.

Related forum threads

Login to post