论坛

Hiking Parks Closed, Forest Fire Prevention Season

DiMing (17 posts) • 0

This morning I went to Changchongshan to go hiking and got turned away at the entrance. Only people sweeping family graves are allowed in. Personnel showed a sign indicating that the park and others like it are closed for fire prevention season 1 Dec 2015 to 15 June 2015.

I'm posting this to let people know. I did not try to talk our way in (which probably would have been futile), and I do not know if there are particular ways or occasions to go in if you want to hike or bike.

I am also curious: is this specific to Changchongshan, or does it apply to other areas like Xishan? (I noticed a previous thread indicating that Changchongshan had a fire several years back.) Is there anywhere one can one go to get out of the concrete jungle without leaving town?

nnoble (889 posts) • 0

Mountains above Heilongtan Park (north of the city, buses: 9,79) were open today. Plenty of hiking options up there.

AlexKMG (2387 posts) • 0

Haven't been to Xishan in a while, but the main trails rarely closed for hiking, maybe a side trail possibly.

If you are dead set on some mountain, then just walk out of sight of the forest volunteers and take a side trail. Once you up there, no one will ask you to leave or fine you. Just don't cross any army base land while doing so.

Related forum threads

Login to post