论坛

Life in Kunming

Daithi (426 posts) • 0

@ naier Thats rough. How long have u been here? I found that I had problems when I first arrived but that (I guess) my system gradually got used to things here and the problems became less and less. I think ur body just adapts. Now its very rare for me to be sick cos of food. Maybe give it time. Good luck!

David

Daithi (426 posts) • 0

@ nailer I just looked at ur previous posts re Guinness and Irish music...are u Irish? Im from Galway.

GoK Moderator (5096 posts) • 0

I rarely have food problems now, as I rarely eat out. My Chinese wife does not eat out if she can avoid it, and many locals are also concerned about food hygiene.

There was a recent (last month)expose on TV K6, showing dead and sick animals being condemned by the meat inspectors and marked with red paint/ink. These animals were then sold outside the slaughter house, re-entering the slaughter house for processing, the meat goes out the back door again, into vans, and onto the wholesale markets for sale to restaurants etc.

Just because one individual on here says he has not been sick, does not make reporting of this some part of an expat conspiracy.

latataille (118 posts) • 0

nailer, I am sorry that you experienced that. I know that the problem DOES exist, but I do not believe that it exists nearly as much as people in this forum believe. Now I know that for YOU, it is a problem, and I am sorry to hear.

Daithi (426 posts) • 0

@ tigertiger Yeah there is definitely issues. So if u do actually eat out now how do u find it? Are u often ill?

tigertiger, and likewise, just because a few foreigners on an expat forum say that they get sick all the time, does not make it a vast, city-wide sanitation conspiracy. Agreed.

tigertiger, yes, agreed. I agree that there IS a problem. I just do not think it is a ire, drastic, and widespread as people in this forum make it out to be. I mean, actually refusing to EVER eat out? That is a bit paranoid and drastic, no?

yankee00 (1632 posts) • 0

Food safety issues in China are real and most Chinese complain about that, not only exapts.

Dazzer (2813 posts) • 0

did he say he mever eats out or are you moving goal posts and putting words in peoples houths again. gexpertf in teaching linguistics cooking electrics and other p[eoples lives as well now ffs. are you the sockpuppet?

Related forum threads

Login to post