论坛

Need advice on travel from HK

redjon77 (510 posts) • 0

Just booked all my families tickets from London to HK this August and I'm now looking to get them return flights from HK to Kunming but the prices seem to be way over the usual amount usually paid for such a trip!
The London - HK part was dear enough for Six people, just wondered if anyone had any advice for getting cheaper travel to Kunming as works out a alot for Six when they charging £200 and over each for return!
Any kind of alternative suggestions would greatly be received :)

yankee00 (1632 posts) • 0

It's probably peak season already. They can get a shuttle or ferry from HK airport to Shenzhen airport and take the plane from there. Domestic flights would be cheaper and with less taxes. Tiring journey though.

Magnifico (1981 posts) • 0

i think dragonair usually has the best rates for HK (dragonair.com). i remember getting a return for about 1400 rmb. i don't think you'll find much cheaper than that.

also, you can try plugging in the dates in a site like momondo.com. it's quite good at finding the lowest rates. and try to be flexible with the dates if possible. if can save you some money.

opper (52 posts) • 0

I second yankee00's suggestion. Crossing over into Shenzhen will make the journey much cheaper. I have done it several times.

redjon77 (510 posts) • 0

Yeah I done the Shenzhen way before so thought I'd check that one out again but it was still coming up with roughly same prices as HK lol
I'll give that momondo.com a quick try now and see what I get out of it!

redjon77 (510 posts) • 0

nope both ways (shenzhen or HK) at least 2200rmb :(
oh well looks like any cheap ways due to peak times ain't gonna appear on these sites!

Magnifico (1981 posts) • 0

can you change the international flights?

maybe if you book london - kmg directly, it will find a cheaper route.

kiwikiwi (16 posts) • 0

Try the new airline HK Express, as they fly HK-KMG and recently were selling one way flights for a few hundred HK$

Related forum threads

Login to post