论坛

IMAX 3D Theater

AlexKMG (2387 posts) • 0

Anyone have an opinion on the IMAX 3D theaters in Kunming? I assume we have more than one now. Which is better or newer?

blobbles (958 posts) • 0

I thought there was only the one in the nice shopping mall in the city centre... Is there more? That one is pretty damn good though and my wife gets free tickets through her work which is even better because of the price. 160 kuai per seat I believe? But as good as what I have been to in the west

Tim Verplancke (28 posts) • 0

I think only one at WANGFUJING mall (i think it's written like that), it's called Broadway Cinemas on the 3rd floor, you can see it from the bottom of the mall, it's all open. Very nice cinema and because it's expensive less people yelling on their phones during the movie...that's always nice ^^

Magnifico (1981 posts) • 0

160 per ticket. so a local person with 2 kids would need to pay 640 to take their family. so basically Imax is only accessible to upper middle class families. that's lovely.

AlexKMG (2387 posts) • 0

Thanks for all the responses. Saw Gravity at the Wangfujing IMAX 3D. A really big and nice screen and amazing sound system. Gravity is a great movie; highly recommend. All shows M-F before 6pm is 100rmb after 130rmb. I think the best viewing rows are 8 to 12. You don't want to be stuck in any of the front rows as they are way too close to the screen.

Related forum threads

Login to post