论坛

Internet Almost Unusable, VPN resetting

cuihulongjing (46 posts) • 0

Anyone else having problems with the internet?

Could it be related to the pigeon ban? Perhaps they are having to route my network packets via horse caravan?

VPN is resetting endlessly... if I don't use my VPN it's worse.

?!?!?

blobbles (958 posts) • 0

Even paid VPNs are slower at the moment, I suspect some form of metering as the govt is definitely aware of them. Mine has been getting progressively slower from about 2 weeks ago.

I now know what people were talking about regarding the slow down around Chinese election time...

AlPage48 (1394 posts) • 0

I had that problem two days ago, and I'm in Chengdu for the weekend. The VPN reset about every 2 minutes. I've had it before as well, most often around 4:00 p.m. for some reason.

Anonymous Coward (329 posts) • 0

I had this problem several days ago, but it stopped recently. I suspected it was either due to the American propaganda regarding Wen Jia Bao's family or Hurricane Sandy.

AlexKMG (2387 posts) • 0

Be glad you're not in Beijing. It's even worse there.

Residents have complained of snail-paced Internet speeds as censors comb though sites to remove subversive content. Beijing police have also banned residents from flying remote control model aircraft...

articles.chicagotribune.com/[...]

rejected_goods (349 posts) • 0

In BJ, kitchen knives, choppers are taken off shop shelves. People are using their nice Mac book to cut meat and veggies, I guess. :-))))))) Internet? What Internet?

I thought the VPN was "restarting", but closer observation showed the internet connection would briefly drop just long enough to force the VPN to recycle itself. It's very annoying!

I was connecting to the VPN just fine while I was in Chengdu this morning. Now I'm back in Kunming and it will not connect on ANY of my computers, including the laptop I was using when away.

It thought it might be something to do with the router but found that my iPad will connect to the VPN with no problem through the router.

Connection speed to anything on the web is slow and without the VPN some sites are not reachable.

Chingis (242 posts) • 0

No change in net speed using proxy server up here in Xinjiang either. Possibly some parts of the country are affected more than others.

Related forum threads

Login to post