GoKunming Forums

Help please!

Al pacino (9 posts) • 0

I am trying to get out of China but every time my flight from Kunming to Beijing gets cancelled (5 times so far) and the flights to Europe were unaffected. This Sunday 9th of October I booked a flight to Guangzhou and 4 hour layover and I have a flight to Thailand. Can anyone give me any odds what are my chances on Sunday also does anyone have any advice for me as how to get out of China ASAP ( legally). Desperate!

Pete B (23 posts) • 0

What airlines have you been booked on asking this question because my wife is returning to the UK soon via Beijing got me a little worried now but good luck with your flight to Guangzhou hope you manage to get back to Europe

tigertigerathome (172 posts) • +1

I had my flight, for next week, cancelled this afternoon. We proactively called the airline (all in Chinese) and got put on a flight earlier on the same day. There was a long queue on the phone system, probably because everyone was calling about the same thing.
It looks like it was a case of cancelling half full flights, to fill other half empty flights. That may, or may not, have been the issue with the cancelled flights to Beijing, if it was, you need to get on the phone immediately and rebook for the same day if you can.

Al pacino (9 posts) • 0

The flights that I had for Beijing were on Air China. This Sunday I have a flight with China Southern. Today is Wednesday I am hopeful so far no cancellation. I booked the ticket on Emirates.com

Al pacino (9 posts) • 0

The flights that I had for Beijing were on Air China. This Sunday I have a flight with China Southern. Today is Wednesday I am hopeful so far no cancellation. I booked the ticket on Emirates.com

Al pacino (9 posts) • 0

Pete B I think every province has it's own policy of COVID prevention. At the moment anyone coming from an infected province is strictly prohibited to enter Beijing. For Guangzhou (I called the airport) you need to show them the green code and a 48 hour negative result and they will check your temperature. However they said that the rules change every day.

Related forum threads

Login to post