So far winter just feels a bit warmer than previous few. Quite pleasant for entire year thus far. Will get colder next two months like others have chimed in.
I agree with advocates of putting on more clothes in lieu. This could be beneficial from an energy conservation standpoint as well. We're in Spring City after all, not Beijing or Shanghai with their mandatory water heaters.
Unless one is a hermit holed up beside e-fireplace all day, best to cover oneself in comfy Uniqlo Heattech Ultra Warm clothing beneath down jackets. Granted questions of frugality can be further debated for shoppers at this pricey Japanese retail store.
Nonetheless, there's a good reason Uniqlo was the overall top seller on 11/11. Their heat retention fabrics are second to none. Current b&m store-wide sale from 12/7-12/11. Perhaps a bigger b&m sale on 12/12. We'll see.
Don't completely disagree with you either. A few thoughts:
- As a notable INSEAD professor once taught: catchy, visceral titles are needed in our short attention spanned, Ctrl+Alt+Del generation. For better or worse.
- All classes of society may seek out wealth, fascinated by glitz & glamour, yet despises the type of wealthy as prototypically portrayed. 矛盾 dual draw.
- Cinderella story explores world of exaggerated superficiality that awaits our protagonist. Satirizing the "crazy rich" may appeal to the mass audience.
- Disparity of the wealthy & poor has no color lines, preexisting across all nationalities/ethnicity. This theme isn't isolated to just Asians. Predominately non-Asians watched the film in North America.
- Box office hit doesn't necessary equate to film quality, nor cinematic enjoyment by Mainland or overseas Chinese....
- whom, with curiosity, came out to support "the first all Asian cast" Hollywood film.
Yesterday was the grand opening of Kunming's most massive shopping center Joy City (大悦城) on Huancheng South Road. The immense size of this department store reminds me of Bangkok's Central World. Dizzy big.
Many restaurants were half-off, including @Jan's coconut chicken hotpot, another Jibulu, and my favorite among all buffets, 上井 (ShangJing)...
上井 is an exquisite Japanese cuisine where you sit-at-table and order from a big menu. Haagen dazs ice creams are also all-you-can-eat. I prefer this place over all 5-star hotel buffets in Kunming. Perhaps like yesterday, lunch & dinner may also cost <150rmb today after 50% off.