User profile: dani_om

User info
  • Registered
  • VerifiedYes

Forum posts

Forums > Living in Kunming > End of a Z visa

Hello there!

@yopopo, just to answer your question: papers can be taken care locally. I got my residence permit (work visa related) renewed - almost - painlessly while I was in China. I did not have to leave or to do much extra than a new health check and a get a couple of pictures. In my understanding, once you renew the contract with your employer they should be able to renew it all for you. Just be aware that the process should start at least 5 weeks before your residence permit expires because the process takes a while.

@Alien, did what happen to you have anything to do with the country you are originated or this is a rule for anybody that once held a z visa?

@yuantongsi and @geezer, tks a bunch for the wise advises.

Adding knowledge acquired in the past couple of days: it is not necessary to do anything - or pay anything - if you are going to leave the country before the residence permit expiration date.

Forums > Living in Kunming > End of a Z visa

Hey guys,

I would like to know what does it happen when a Z visa ends? I heard that it is needed a cancellation that costs 1000 kuai (even if the contract is finished and so) but I'm still puzzled.

My plan is when my visa is over I am flying out of the country so I am not interested in the tourist visa extension that comes after the cancellation or so.

What I understand about visas is that you get one and when the expiration date comes you have to leave so I am not understanding why does anybody has to cancel something that is automatically cancelled. On the top of that, you have to pay for and it costs more than a new tourist visa.

Anyway. I would love some info from you, experienced people, about that.


No results found.




The address has changed last week to a new (all different types of entry and exit services) building at Tuodong Road. Im sorry I dont remember the number exactly but Im almost sure is 118. Its a quite big and brand new building.

They have the directions about how to get to the new office at the door from the old office. Its a bit of walk, about 1km.

The service is not so bad and english is well spoken there. Bring copies of your passport, chinese visa, entry stamp, address registration (original and copy) and picture. 160 RMB for 1 month extension paid when its ready. Service done in 7 days. The new visa will be valid from the day you applied and you can hand it out at the expiration date, the latest.