User profile: sbarella

User info
  • RegisteredJune 30, 2012
  • RegionChina
  • VerifiedYes
  • RegisteredJune 30, 2012

Forum posts

Forums > Living in Kunming > Would you accept 150RMB/hour ?

HFCAMPO, working at a school is the only way a foreign teacher can obtain a Z visa and legally work in China. Only Americans and Canadians can get long-term tourist visas, so if you come from another country you have to either work at a school, or pay for a student visa (but that means you'll be working illegally).

Forums > Living in Kunming > Kunming based Scammers

Stay away from anybody in Kunming who goes under the name "Han Kefu" or "Han Kefuo", he uses the same name for multiple email addresses ([email protected] or similar). Same thing described by mike4g_air happened to a friend of mine, just they were pretending to buy some cooking equipment from him.

Forums > Travel Yunnan > Kunming to Dali road updates

Has anybody travelled from Kunming to Dali by bus recently? I heard some sections were being renovated and the bus ride was taking 6/7 hours at least. If you have any updates please share!


No results found.




Have been studying at Huayang for a few months now. It's a great school: the staff has always been very helpful and kind, and has assisted me changing my visa and getting a new one. The building is brand new, which means everything is clean and bright - toilets included! (and well, studying in a nice environment helps a lot!). My teacher (Joy) is enthusiastic and her classes are always very interesting: apart from the book, she is designing our lessons according to the topics we are interested in (Chinese culture, philosophy, ...). This is what makes the difference to me from the other language schools in Kunming, it's not just "boya chinese", chengyu and "newspaper reading". I would definitely recommend studying here.